Popular Tags: [View All]
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, last weekend I had hope when I visited a FGS (not local ). The guy told me he could get the original core set for the original price.

Well bad news, he can't

Now, one of the 2 FLGS (the less friendly of the 2) have 2 original core sets...but they're in french and at 125CAD price tag.

My question...is this game text heavy?

Except the rules (which I already downloaded the revised rules from FFG) and unit cards (which i'll replace with the upgrade pack), is there any other text based stuff needed to play in the original core set?

Maybe I sound weird asking this but I like having my games as homogenous as possible and since i'll get many expansions, english ones, I don't want to have a base game in FR and expansions in EN.

Thanks and regards!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No, it really shouldn't be a problem to have a french edition. The cards are probably not even translated, and if they are, you're planning on buying the card pack anyway. The only real text is in the books. The rulebook you don't need, read the revised PDF. So the only issue would really be with the Blue Thunder campaign booklet. If you buy the tile pack, you get the revised one and you're all settled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reaper Steve
United States
Alamogordo
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure that the Little Shop of Magic shopofmagic.com still has one or two of the original english boxes on their shelves. (Call them if you don't see it in their online store.) The store isn't a discounter, but they do ship worldwide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok good. The only think that make me hesitate is the medium walkers...only 2 versions are in the original core set but if you buy them in expansions, they come with 3 or 4 version.

I'm think about simply buying the revised core set plus the medium walker/panzer expansions.

Well i'll think about it this afternoon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marek L
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't see a problem here, you get 4 walkrs in the core set, try buing the stuff not together

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn nice, a BGG member sent me a link for a shop in Ontario.
95CAD shipped for the original core set...AWESOME!

Thanks to member Felkor!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
got mine from SNAFUgames. $80.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my big box during lunch and damn hte nice stuff it contained...except I miss Pounder's canon

I just contacted FFG about this so i'll wait until it resolves itself, no biggy though, I can wait.

The minis are really nice, love em!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats on your purchase!

Give me some mails if you're interested in playing and are around Montreal!

(With your name and country, there's a strong chance )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.