Eclipse» Forums » General

Subject: Storage solution, UK rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tomas Hanousek
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have searched the forum for a few days now but failed to find any decent storage solution. I am mainly interested to see a storage box to take all the ship parts. And possibly a second box to carry the rest of the "Supply board" stuff. I found a few references to Plano boxes but they are hard to get in the UK and from what I've seen they weren't the best sizes either. I just want something nice and tidy to store in the original box along with the other stuff. I remember someone buying a Maplin box. How does that one work for you? I am truly lost as for where to go to look for one. Any help will be much appreciated. Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kämmen mein schnurrbart
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm storing my ship parts in a GMT chit tray.

http://www.gmtgames.com/p-173-counter-trays-10.aspx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Lowe
Scotland
Glasgow
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tomas

I use storage trays from Homebase, like this: http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductD....

Last time I was in store, they were selling multipacks of the 23 & 17 compartment boxes (they're a bit pricey to buy individually). I think I fitted the ship parts into the 23, everything else into the 17, and it all fitted ok in the Eclipse box.

Gerry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gyros p
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I use this one:
http://www.pollin.de/shop/dt/MDI3OTg0OTk-/Werkstatt/Werkstat...
It has exactly one tray for every different shippart.

And here are some more:
http://www.pollin.de/shop/p/ODk3OTA5/Werkstatt/Werkstattbeda...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Macdonald
United Kingdom
Liverpool
Merseyside
flag msg tools
If you have a Home Bargains near to you, i've found that the storage boxes they sell there (small, medium and large for around 59p to £3 I think) have worked fine for me. They have dividers between compartments too, so you can make them longer if need be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
A fan of new Knizia games
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing you need is a GMT counter tray - perfect for holding the ship parts. The technology and reputation go into their cloth bags. Baggies provided for the player pieces. Baggies for a few other pieces left over... done

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
badge
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone using the GMT tray able to post a picture to show how efficiently-used all the space is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Conradie
Canada
Rossland
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jrebelo wrote:
Anyone using the GMT tray able to post a picture to show how efficiently-used all the space is?

The game gallery is your friend

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
GMT tray may be best but that link shows the price in dollars. Is there not a UK supplier for these?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Langford
United Kingdom
Burntwood
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The best solution is a 5x3 box from Maplins. It takes the ship parts and if you place them in the same order as the board, it will sit exactly over them.

Can't remember how much I paid circa £2.50 I think

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Hanousek
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you all for your time and helpful info. I really like the Homebase boxes. I will pick them up tomorrow. We have only played a couple of games and I love it, my other half is warming to it whistle I can see how having the boxes and ship parts ready will improve our gaming experience by dramatically speeding up the setup time. Great stuff guys! Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gyros p
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
tomas_uk wrote:
Thank you all for your time and helpful info. I really like the Homebase boxes. I will pick them up tomorrow. We have only played a couple of games and I love it, my other half is warming to it whistle I can see how having the boxes and ship parts ready will improve our gaming experience by dramatically speeding up the setup time. Great stuff guys! Cheers

Good choice, it's similar to the pollin-box. It's quite big but you can get the tiles easy out of their trays. I had a smaler box before and it was really fiddly to get the tiles out of the trays.

pollin-box:

Sorry for the bad image quality.. it's an iPhone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Hanousek
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
I picked up the 17 compartment box from Homebase which is just perfect for ship parts. I am very happy with it. I also bought the multipack including the 24 compartment box which is too large for time being but I can see its use down the road with possible expansions. The multipack came with another three 11 compartment boxes. I used one of them to carry the rest of the Supply Board. I couldn't be happier and I would honestly suggest this combo to any UK based Eclipse fans. Great and all thanks to you guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.