Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shark Sandwich
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mb
So I recently received my copy of the 2nd edition. Gorgeous. But after popping open the box and laying out the components I noticed that the board was bent such that it pops up in the center and along all 8 corners of the 2 halves.

What's the best way to flatten out my board?

Many thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know the best way to flatten your board but you should contact Ares' customer support:

http://www.aresgames.eu/contact-us
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate
United States
Essex Junction
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I had the same issue with my board. I asked Ares about it and they sent me a new board with a missing figure and a new deck of cards (One of mine was cut wrong by the machine).

I haven't had a chance to play with the new board they sent me, but I wouldn't be surprised if it has the same issue. I think your best bet is to put some books on it and let it sit. If that doesn't work after a few days, send Ares an email.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Nelson
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shark Sandwich wrote:
So I recently received my copy of the 2nd edition. Gorgeous. But after popping open the box and laying out the components I noticed that the board was bent such that it pops up in the center and along all 8 corners of the 2 halves.

What's the best way to flatten out my board?

Many thanks.

I have the same issue. The board flattened some after sitting on the table all day, but not completely. I'll contact Ares, but I wonder if I should get a thin piece of plexi to lay over it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shark Sandwich
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks, guys. Am trying the "rest some heavy books on top of the board" technique before calling Ares.

Incidentally, my first edition board was also a little bent at the corners but certainly usable. My second edition board, however, looks like mini aliens are trying to pop out from under the corners!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shark Sandwich
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Amazing. So I tried to fix my board without luck. Per Veldrin's suggestion, I contacted Ares and within 24hours I had a reply asking for my address so they could send me a new board.

That's what I'm talking about.

Thank you, Ares. I'm a customer for life.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.