Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Based upon the article from the magazine, as denoted with this imagery LINK: Arnhem then I have created the following in order to display how it transpired on a "Turn by Turn" basis, through this SPI Game:

I was originally going to intersperse segments from that article amongst the imagery here, so as to be able to follow along with their commentary with these. Anyone else is welcome to accomplish just such instead, or write up something as well that befits and place that within the Game Entry here too.
cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have loved to have seen some commentary with each image, to describe the situation as depcited in the game. Not everyone is familiar with the time and unit scale of this game.

But I love this concept. I think it'd be awesome to see this done with other games and historical subjects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this is great, Robert. I agree with JL that this is a concept that would be cool to do with other historical situations and games.

It's a shame it's hidden in a secret subforum where few will see it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
desertfox2004 wrote:
I think this is great, Robert. I agree with JL that this is a concept that would be cool to do with other historical situations and games.

It's a shame it's hidden in a secret subforum where few will see it.

OMG... why is this in here.

This is BS. Yep - go ahead issue the ban. I think its 5 days now right?
Why is this here?

Off to red x every inappropriate post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
This user is outstanding in mediocre videogaming
badge
Did you visit my www.kobudovenlo.nl? It has game info
mbmbmb
This is great! Keep it up!

Next: Case Blue

Seriously, I think this is great, should be done for more wargames and then posted in the forum of that game as 'historical review'. I think there are some wargames that are somehow unable to recreate historical results, so it would be great to see how well history could be recreated (with all the cards and dice rolls needed)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dorosh
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Tactical Wargamer's Journal
mbmbmbmbmb
J.L.Robert wrote:
I would have loved to have seen some commentary with each image, to describe the situation as depcited in the game. Not everyone is familiar with the time and unit scale of this game.

But I love this concept. I think it'd be awesome to see this done with other games and historical subjects.

I've thought about this concept as well, but have always thought the actual placement of the counters would be open to too much suspicion - certainly in tactical games. Probably easier to do at the operational level and MUCH easier at the strategic level - though still open to question even if one has original source documents:

The daily situation maps kept by FUSAG are all online; above is for July 9th. I've always been curious as to how accurate they are, particularly with regards to the Germans, which was based only on intelligence reports and in some cases estimates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stig Morten
Norway
Kvernaland
flag msg tools
Thunder Alley: Crew Chief Expansion - Coming soon to Kickstarter!
badge
Evil lurks here!
mbmbmbmbmb
Napoleon's Triumph does this on the side of the box for the battle of Austerlitz.
You can see it in this image.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved into General.

Please note - I am generally averse to moving threads unnecessarily, but this is a good example of a thread that belongs in general. I'll be posting something shortly about guidelines to help the dust settle...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
heh heh, "no worries mate!", while I wanted to have something 'populate' the other SUB-FORUM and there are plenty for another to conduct as such. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
leroy43 wrote:
Moved into General.

Please note - I am generally averse to moving threads unnecessarily, but this is a good example of a thread that belongs in general. I'll be posting something shortly about guidelines to help the dust settle...

Victory is ours!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.