Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Hill
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering if anyone could tell me how hard the co-op version of this game is.
I am very curious about that and any information would be greatly appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
diablo663 wrote:
I was wondering if anyone could tell me how hard the co-op version of this game is.
I am very curious about that and any information would be greatly appreciated.

It's been pretty tough. We've played 4 times and the first 3 we lost badly. The 3rd game we added player powers using the variant rules. The 4th game we added player powers and easy aliens variants and finally did well enough we probably would of won. Sadly, we had to end the game since one of the players had to leave. But I think we could do it.

I do like adding the player powers to the co-op game since it gives each player a special power which is always more fun.

It's a tough game and would like to try again to see if we can actually finish a game. I was super disapointed when we had to end the game early since we finally were doing well enough. This game is brutal so "well enough" means barely surviving!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Hill
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply,Scott!!
Now,I am REALLY looking forward to playing the co-op version of the game.I love co-op games and I like it when it is VERY hard to win.
I think I am going to add the player powers even in the first game that we play.
How long is the game going for the group since you said you didnt finish.
Is the playtime listed accurate??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
diablo663 wrote:
Thanks for the reply,Scott!!
Now,I am REALLY looking forward to playing the co-op version of the game.I love co-op games and I like it when it is VERY hard to win.
I think I am going to add the player powers even in the first game that we play.
How long is the game going for the group since you said you didnt finish.
Is the playtime listed accurate??

I think our game was about 2 hours before we had to quit. Probably 30-45 min left.

I do highly recommend adding player powers to co-op. We really needed those extra bonuses. And adds to the theme. I can't imagine playing the competitive version. It's hard enough already!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boo Radley
Australia
flag msg tools
even the competitive version of this game is co-op. i find the co-op alone to be a little monotonous. aliens attack, humans defend, build stuff, aliens attack, humans defend, build stuff etc. the competitive version is very good though. each player has a secret objective to become the most powerful alliance member by games end (if you manage to win that is). so certain players will be needing various nations to either join the alliance or be subjugated by the aliens to make way for you (getting rid of the competition). what i especially like are the player powers in this version. do you use them for an easy victory and get the bonus victory points, or save them for the good of mankind and keep them to risk when its really needed?? also certain hand cards are worth bonus VP if you havent used them by games end, so do you keep them or use them to help with the struggle. much like the Republic of Rome, if even one player decides to be completely stingy and let the others sacrifice their cards/powers, then all will likely fail. the balance though is the trick!! like i said, co-op i didnt so much enjoy, competitive co-op i really enjoyed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.