Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
I'm not a moccodity!
mbmbmbmbmb
Per the kickstarter FAQ:

Quote:
The tiles will be made out of compressed urea plastic. Similar to Bananagrams tiles, but much larger.

I was hoping for bakelite (or at least bakelite-like substance) similiar to Hive. The nice big chunky pieces in that game just feel right and have a nice weight to them. It'd be disappointing if this game just has oversized Scrabble tiles. Maybe that could be one of the stretch goals: to have the tiles be made out of better, thicker material.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
★★★★☆
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
You don't study scaring, you just do it.
badge
I'm not even breaking a sweat.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't really know what "compressed urea plastic" or "bakelite" are but I still agree with your point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Fox
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The tiles in Hive are made out of compressed urea plastic though - it's the same stuff, isn't it? These'll be nice and chunky, I'm sure of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke Of Lizards
United States
Worcester
Vermont
flag msg tools
Livin's mostly wasting time, and I waste my share of mine
badge
I am a breathing time machine
mbmbmbmbmb
idlemichael wrote:
The tiles in Hive are made out of compressed urea plastic though - it's the same stuff, isn't it? These'll be nice and chunky, I'm sure of it.

I'm not sure if they're the same chemically, but they seem to have similar densities and feel to them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Lesan
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heisenberg wrote:
I don't really know what "compressed urea plastic" or "bakelite" are but I still agree with your point.

In my best Charlton Heston voice: "Compressed urea plastic! It's PEOPLE PEE!"

(but should be great)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Fox
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That would've made that film very different indeed...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Wallace
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
6th Circle Nethermancer in Service of the Queen!
mbmbmbmbmb
Bakelite is very chemically different from compressed urea plastic. However, their final properties may be similar, I'm not sure what compressed urea plastic would be like to handle.

As for substance, I have a Hive homemade game with smaller ceramic tiles and I like it better actually, so YMMV.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.