Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schafer
United States
Prior Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be happy to be able to get my hands on the 1st expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Double barrel, Grabber, Hellstone weapons and items
Wraith/Lost Soul/Vulgar/Bruiser/Forgotten/Maledict/Guardian/Sabaoth/Hunter monsters. Well, pretty much any monster I'm forgetting that hasn't been covered.

More scenarios, akin to the shorter online stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Calzolari
Italy
S.Lazzaro di Savena
Bologna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What else could they do? Doom as a videogame was :Walk, kill , kill, heal, walk, kill, swim, kill, walk.

We have tons of monsters, corridor, airless corridors, multiplayer modes,
weapons...... the only way i can imagine Doom expanded further is with rules for elevation, a 3D map built like the old Necromunda complex, and other tons of plastic monsters.... is it still Doom?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yeah: hazmat zombies, hazmat suits, radiation floor tiles and Hell floor tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves...
badge
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
A copy of the new license for Doom to extend the old one they had. The big reason (or so they say) that no replacement dice can be made is that the license is gone.

It would have to be a very rich donor indeed to convince FF to acquire a new license, I'm afraid, as there isn't much financial incentive otherwise.

If somehow an expansion were to appear in such a manner, I would want it to include a mechanism for greatly speeding up gameplay with maps that resolve more quickly, too. It would also have to offer content to stand with some serious competition. Claustrophobia and Earth Reborn have raised the game for tactical games such as this. I expect that Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) will be informed by much of what could have informed another Doom expansion or relaunch as Descent originally was intended to fix a number of "improvables" with Doom. It's a shame, really, as it was moving in the right direction with the first (and only) expansion.
soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
Ash nazg durbatulûk
badge
#YOLO!
mbmbmbmbmb
kungfro wrote:
Oh yeah: hazmat zombies, hazmat suits, radiation floor tiles and Hell floor tiles.

Hmmm...

Half-life the boardgame?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inferno Echelon
msg tools
It should have hell tiles, boss monsters and tiles that have a mixture of hell and normal terrain (to create maps mixing hell and bases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like getting *stuff* in my expansions, and with Doom, that stuff is basically Tiles and Miniatures. I don't think I want a whole lot of mechanic changes (i.e. I *don't* want to see something like Fatigue or other Descent mechanics), just more stuff. I'd love to see a lot more monster/invader figures. I'd love to see HELL Tiles (maybe the reverse of included tiles, like the outdoor tiles in Descent). And then a lot of other extras as Tibbs has mentioned (i.e. weapons, marine cards, etc).

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matus G
Slovakia
Prešov
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I would like to see shnar's advanced campaign with plastic figures, scenarios, maps, tiles, etc... Everything nicely packed in one box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bird
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This guy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inferno Echelon
msg tools
Bosses i.e. Maledict should take up 3x3 tiles and there should be 2 or 3 extra large rooms for boss fights.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xavier Vargas
United States
Farmers Branch
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The LC wrote:
lets say a rich man gave ff games a very large donation asking only that they make 1 more doom expansion set in print brand new it may be 35-60 dollar value and everything would fit in 1 box. what would you hope and expect to be in it.

Nothing, I just want to be able to get my hands on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sierraoscaralphapapa wrote:
Bosses i.e. Maledict should take up 3x3 tiles and there should be 2 or 3 extra large rooms for boss fights.

I pictured the maledict to be a 2x3 figure, like the dragon in Descent:

I imagine with the wings spread, it's more oval than square.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inferno Echelon
msg tools
Good point Shnar. The same would go for the other boss with the tank chassis as his base. What I wonder is this: if the Maledict is meant to be even more powerful than the cyberdemon, wouldn't that make him unbeatable?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Calzolari
Italy
S.Lazzaro di Savena
Bologna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If i can ask, how all that monster will enhance the gameplay of the actual Doom+Exp?
(I'm not so fond in the Doom universe -i like it as a firefight sci-fi game- and i don't know if that monsters have abilities so different to be "needed" in the game, so pls excuse me if my question is stupid blush)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sierraoscaralphapapa wrote:
Good point Shnar. The same would go for the other boss with the tank chassis as his base. What I wonder is this: if the Maledict is meant to be even more powerful than the cyberdemon, wouldn't that make him unbeatable?

You mean Saboath? I pictured him more square, 2x2 like the Cyber Demon:

As for their power levels, I see them similar to CyberDemon in dice strength but with different special abilities. They fit nicely in the frame of the Advance Campaign, since the Invader buys their specific upgrades.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
parduz wrote:
If i can ask, how all that monster will enhance the gameplay of the actual Doom+Exp?
(I'm not so fond in the Doom universe -i like it as a firefight sci-fi game- and i don't know if that monsters have abilities so different to be "needed" in the game, so pls excuse me if my question is stupid blush)

It's just for variety. A similar question could be asked of all the monsters in Descent. Do we really need lava bugs and snow apes? HELL YEAH! More monsters = funner game. It's not that it's "needed" it just offers a greater variety and therefore more entertaining game

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inferno Echelon
msg tools
I think that an official rework of the original campaign must be provided.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Methot
Canada
SAINTE-JULIE
QUEBEC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would hope for a campaign system such as Heroes of Legend for Descent, since shnar is too lazy to finish his.

-

(hey I added a smily, it means this was sarcasm!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stanislaw Lipa
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
new rulebook with integrated faq with good wording etc. make a promo like - buy new exp. for doom - inside you get new exclusive super rulebook for descent [compatible with 2 ed.] if this could be true i wont be able to sleep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Octatrack
United Kingdom
Rochdale
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to have a re-themed version based on DOOM 1 and 2, with blocky graphics, original artwork and invaders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i.a.m wrote:
I would hope for a campaign system such as Heroes of Legend for Descent, since shnar is too lazy to finish his.

-

(hey I added a smily, it means this was sarcasm!)

I'm almost there!

(I'm just glad I got the Planetary Map board done)

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.