Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
andrea melegari
Italy
parma
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Has anyone tried to play a 4p game divided in two teams of 2p?I love the game and i want to try this variant.The game rules remain the same and you simply add your point to the point gained by your team mate at the end of the game.I think the game will become even more strategic and fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. I've never tried it! I suggest that teammates should be on opposite sides of the board, to give each team a chance to respond to the actions of an opposing player. The one-two punch of having teammates sitting right next to each other might prove too imbalancing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gastel Etswane
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mb
An interesting variant could be that either player can activate either active race on their turn. So reactions to good combos needs to come even quicker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branislav Novotny
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Actually that is the way we play SW in our group most of the time.
2v2 is a very aggresive setting, I think that even more than 1v1.
We use player order ABBA to prevent second team to just react to what first did.
We'r playng on a 3player board, because in higly aggressive setting there will be too much of a free space on a 4p board, which is against the spirit of the Small World.
Possibilities for scoring:
1) add scores of teammates (we use mainly this)
2) max score amog teammates counts
3) min score amog teammates counts (yet to be tested)

Notes from our plays: Races with few tokens like dwarfs or white ladies are almost useless. Kobolds rock, even though not as in 1v1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branislav Novotny
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ah and one more thing. If you have Necromancer Island and you think that it is unbalanced in favor of Necromancer, then you simply have to try 2v2vNecro. I think that it is so much better balanced. Possibly with open score so it will be obvious which team should attack Necro.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Mack
United States
Menifee
California
flag msg tools
designer
Lefty / Happily Married / Parent of 2 Girls / Christian / Yucata User
badge
Smack dat Ghoulie, Mr. Trolla!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah yes, Brano to the rescue.
I read the OP and said to myself, "Now where's that thread about partners and ABBA turns?"
Then I scrolled down and saw Brano had already addressed the idea quite well.
To the OP: Yes, "It's all been done."
(Perhaps someone could post a link here to the old discussion on this topic?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.