Twilight Imperium (Third Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: control question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JP Suchecki
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Are control markers sufficient for "controlling a system" if you have control markers on all the planets (with no plastic) and ships in the system?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, you need at least one non-fighter ship in the system as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gagner
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You control a system as long as you "control all the planets in a system and have at least one non-fighter ship in the system".

This means you can control Ion Storms and Nebulas and Empty Space as long as you have a non-fighter ship there. You control all zero planets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP Suchecki
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Ok maybe I should reword my statement. I understand that non-fighter ships are needed for control of a system. What I am asking is when it refers to controling all the planets in the system, are the control markers + 1 non-fighter ship enough?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Watson
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, in that you do not need Ground Forces on the planet(s). So long as you control the planet (control marker on the planet; planet card in your possession), plus the at least one non-fighter ship, you control the system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fedor Syagin
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And if I remember correctly even advance fighters won't give you control using single fighter ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
garfielder wrote:
And if I remember correctly even advance fighters won't give you control using single fighter ship.

Correct; Advanced Fighters are still fighters, and thus don't qualify for the "non-Fighter ship" requirement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.