Paul Toderas
Germany
Düsseldorf
Deutschland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

I might be tired but we want to play this game on the morrow. I read the rules and took some notes but I don't seem to find one thing. SO I'll ask.

What if all the players aim for the Neutral District Only and finish the game really fast?

Do we not need to clear some of the other Districts before we access the Neutral one?

It might be that this comes naturally at the moment we actually play this game. But I'd rather ask in front, if not a problem!

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Villwock
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
No, you don't need to play agents into any of the other districts. If everyone just wants to go for the neutral district, you certainly may, and it will make the game come to a quick end. But that doesn't exactly make for a winning strategy, and it certainly doesn't make for a fun game. I don't think that will be an issue, though. You'll be tempted by stakes in every district.

I think Arcana is a really great game. Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cain
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
The Evil-Do That I Do-Do
mbmbmb
With the revised edition you can play with the event deck which will have the Ducal Jubilee card in it that will end the game, after a certain number of turns. If you do not use that deck it can be a tactic for a player who thinks that they are winning to run the neutral district deck out to end the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Toderas
Germany
Düsseldorf
Deutschland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Joe!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Villwock
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
No problem.

I'm no expert, but if you're teaching people how to play (or if it's new to you) I've found that it's good to just play one really short game first. Say, with just three or four cards in each district. That way everyone sees how the different card types play out, learns how the different districts work, and gets to cycle through their deck at least once. Also, be sure to spend a minute or two on the relics; they're probably the most complicated part of a not-very-complicated game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.