Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(This is too short to be a session report, though it comes from a session, and while it could be considered strategy, it ought to be obvious, and the people to whom it isn't obvious won't be reading it.)

Played a couple of games of werewolf over the New Year. The first was my first time being the moderator. Interesting mainly in that when we get to the werewolves identifying themselves I got close to saying, "no - not, just to each other, to me as well, you're being too subtle". But enough of that, on to the other game.

We had two werewolves and a pile of dead villagers. I'm a villager and still alive. We make the intelligent play when down to six people not to lynch anyone (we were deadlocked 3-3 anyway) and see if one more night would help - we have to get it right anyway. And that night what I hoped would happen did. The werewolves killed the seer.

Now we have to lynch someone, or we lose. And we have exactly one piece of data of any value. (Any previously suspicious characters are dead.) We know who the seer chose in the 3-3 deadlock. There is at this point, precisely one sensible play. Lynch that person. Of course the candidate for lynching is not in favour and picks another candidate. And the candidate chosen is me. Largely because I'm talking sense. Of the other three people, one I'm pretty sure he's a werewolf too based on that I know he's not that stupid, and he jumped in to save his fellow werewolf's skin far to easily. But that's tomorrow's problem.

And then I discover this village seems to have me, two werewolves, and two people auditioning for the role of village idiot. One really doesn't understand that what the seer suggested actually is possible information, does have value, and is the only information we have so is better than a blind guess. The other is a follower, happy to go with the majority. Good picks by the werewolves to kill off anyone else with a clue. (I think I got the sympathy vote for having run the previous game, it's not fair to kill me off too soon.)

So they lynch me 4-1, and lo and behold, the two werewolves were as I indicated.

As the subject line says: aaargh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Em Dub

Illinois
msg tools
Yuuuuuuup. There's not much you can do when the collective IQ of the wolves is higher than the collective IQs of the rest of the village. Sometimes the wolves are just destined to win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.