Cuttle» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules clarifications rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Antti Pitkämäki
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
Initially I wasn't 100% sure how to play some cards in this game after reading the rules at Pagat.com. Unfortunately, it seems that contacting the original source of the rules is not possible anymore. However, with the help of fellow BGG'ers Normal and Zorrikon, I've solved the main rules questions I had.

Me and my friends play Jacks as Normal suggested: "We play where multiple Jacks can be on a card with the card switching sides each time. So if there are 0, 2, or 4 Jacks on a card than the original controller of the card would still control it but if there are 1 or 3 Jacks on a card then the opponent would now control it. If a 2 is used to remove a Jack then the card switches sides. If a 6 is used to remove all Jacks then the original controller would get the card back.". I play also so that if a point card on the table is put to the scrap pile (due to a one-off Ace for example), all the Jacks on top of the card go to the scrap pile also.

9's are a bit of a mystery. Its one-off effect, "Return any permanent card to its controller's hand", seems to be nearly useless. This could be by design of course. However, the original rules don't tell much about any limitations to the use of 9's. Zorrikon has an interesting way to play 9's: "I've played cuttle for a little while and play the Jacks like Normal. The best use of 9's action is then to return your Jack from a point card that the opponent controls (you'll end up controlling the point card and with the Jack back in your hand)".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Duncan
United States
Ithaca
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I notice that Cuttle is now one of the games played at the Mind Sports Olympiad:

http://www.boardability.com/game.php?id=cuttle

Since it's a tournament, they must have come up with a set of official rules. However, I have not been able to find a copy of this online.

Anyone know how to find these?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.