Star Wars: Epic Duels» Forums » Variants

Subject: Non-Star Wars Decks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Major
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I have been busy constructing some epic decks that are not of the Star Wars variety. I have about six mostly done, with some more being worked on and thought I'd start putting them up for people to see. I am aware that I should probably alter my method for making these available, so when I find a better way of presenting or uploading them I will upload the rest. For now, here is the Albert Wesker deck I constructed.

The pdf can be found here: http://epicduels.pbworks.com/w/file/49906835/Wesker%20and%20...

and the actual deck can be found here: http://epicduels.pbworks.com/w/file/49906794/Wesker%20and%20...

Hope I get some attention!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Kohut
United States
military/mobile
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Okay. You've got my attention. Where are you going from here?

It would be interesting to see some crossover character teams:
Captain Kirk and Spock
Iron Man and War Machine
the Hulk and Rick Jones with a gun
the Terminator guy and the Terminator girl
Sam Spade and Brigid O'Shaughnessy (from THE MALTESE FALCON for the unenlightened---Read a book, man!)
Sheldon Cooper and Howard Wolowicz-----the choices are endless!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Major
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
We've actually got about 19 other decks made, besides Wesker and the Zombie Horde, we're just doing some tweaking and making sure they are relatively balanced and clear. We've got characters as diverse as the Balrog, to ones like Trollface, and they're all designed to bring something new to the game.

Glad that someone's interested in this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Tietz
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How are the decks going?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Major
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Pretty well. We're working on getting a few sets done and then once they've been balanced out and prettied up, we'll release them in packs like the EU (although they might not be that fancy).

We've got a small pack that's almost done, it's just 4 decks: Emperor Palpatine & Darth Vader, Darth Tyranus & General Grievous, Yoda & Obi-Wan and Luke & Mara, which I just got the first version of done today. They're all designed to be extremely powerful, Tier 1 decks, although we're taking great pains to not make them broken or unmatchable, think of them as like the upper levels of some of the Geektopia decks. We made these because, while we've mostly been avoiding Star Wars decks because of how many have been done, we didn't see any that had these four pairings, and I thought that should be remedied.

The second pack is much more elaborate- it's a generic fantasy/fiction set, featuring creatures and characters that are generally accepted as popular mythology, inspired by many things, but not actually representing anything specific. One of the decks is the Zombie one that can be found on pbworks.com in it's probable final form (we might change some of the art to make it more in line with the rest of the set, but other than that it's done).

The other decks in the Fantasy Set include- Fairies, Slimes, Death, a Time Traveler, Ghosts, The Leviathan, a Wizard and a Dragon, all of which exist in some form, although several will probably need some revisions and tweaks before we're satisfied. We're planning on making 1-3 more, to round it off at either 10 or 12 total (we're thinking Goblins for sure), and they should be balanced to play well with each other as well as existing decks. We're trying to make decks that accurately represent the characters they are, while also doing something new and innovative in the game, and several of the decks are really unique.

Outside of that we have a number of minor forays into other series, we have characters from LOTR, Warcraft, Buffy and other random games and movies we get inspiration from. There is some talk of making a Fullmetal Alchemist pack, but that's a good ways off. Hopefully as the summer progresses we'll be able to get these done and really start contributing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.