United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
www.istroyworking.com
badge
www.istroyworking.com
mbmbmb
NOTE: I don't work for Sennheiser, just pimping their stuff.

I had a pair of wireless Sennheiser headphones. The transmitter died so I bought a pair of wired Sennheiser HD 448 headphones.

These headphones are amazing. They aren't noise cancelling, but noise limiting. With them on and a song playing, I can barely hear myself speaking. I cannot hear any of the people around me.

The headphones are great on the highs, lows, and midrange. None of those overpower any others.

Plus, they are sub $100.

So, if you need a new pair of headphones, check these out. I am very satisfied with my purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think my company may have made the wireless chips in those headphones. I'm pretty sure we have done some Sennheiser SKUs but I'm not sure whether all their wireless headphones use our products. I haven't had a strong part in those particular chips though; mostly I work on the wideband and more recently the subwoofer products. (If I'd been more active in the headphone products I would be able to tell you for sure whether our stuff was in your headphones.)

Sennheiser does have a good reputation for audio quality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind,
badge
...and reaching forth unto those things which are before,...
mbmbmbmb
Noted. I'm in the market for new headphones. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I've got an 808 and a 303 and a record collection like the ABC
mbmbmbmbmb
They do make lovely but fragile headphones...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Davidson
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
www.istroyworking.com
badge
www.istroyworking.com
mbmbmb
sbszine wrote:
They do make lovely but fragile headphones...

That was one of the pluses about this model. People noted how the plastic over the head of other models had been fragile and brittle, these ones aren't.

People were giving reviews of the headphones after a year of owning them and saying they showed no cracking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calavera Despierta
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I bought a pair of Sennheiser PX100 headphones about eight years ago for my iPod. I was looking for something with better than average quality and dynamic range, with rich bass, and I despise the earbud style headphones (they really hurt me after a while) so I needed something that fit over the ear without being too conspicuous. The PX100's were the portable/folding model available at the time for about $60. They sound better than any ten pairs of headphones my son has bought - from sony, skullcandy, etc. And while they are a little flimsy and look fairly worn now from heavy use, they are still the best pair I've ever owned. When they finally break, I will undoubtedly be shelling out the $$ for something else from Sennheiser.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is it just me or do my balls itch?
mbmbmbmbmb
AKG K240M here. Great all purpose but perfect for studio monitor... I dig high-impedance headphones for this purpose and these are 600ohm. I paid $99.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.