Battleship Galaxies» Forums » Rules

Subject: Confused on Transport mechanic rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Barry O'Brien
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I'm uncertain on how the Transport mechanic works, and was looking for a specific example on how it works.

For example, If I launch the Everest, I can put up to 12 spaces of ships into it for no energy cost,

And then, at any following deployment phase, pay the energy cost to launch those transported ships from the Everest's current location?

Is that correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Christie
Australia
Eastwood
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that's correct. But you have to hide the transported ship's card under the transporting ship's card, which could mean they all get destroyed by a lucky shot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor H
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and you must place them adjacent to the everest.
its a great way to launch your ships further in on the map, bit there is a risk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By the way, I didn't see anywhere in the rules where it's possible to recover a launched ship back aboard a ship with carrying capacity. I am assuming this is not allowed. I'm not sure it would be useful in the course of a game or not, but it seems like something you should be able to do if you like. Thoughts???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
desertfox2004 wrote:
By the way, I didn't see anywhere in the rules where it's possible to recover a launched ship back aboard a ship with carrying capacity. I am assuming this is not allowed. I'm not sure it would be useful in the course of a game or not, but it seems like something you should be able to do if you like. Thoughts???

It's not permitted by the core rules, but this is a sandbox game that's just begging for customization* and house rules. Sounds like a good variant rule to me!

* - Especially in lieu of some actual support from Hasbro. SIGH.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The one way I could see a use for recovering a ship would be to repair it. I'm thinking that once a ship is recovered to a carrying ship, on the next turn, the owner could expend energy to repair the recovered ship. Perhaps 1 energy to repair a hull or shield peg. It might lengthen the game, but it's just a thought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
msg tools
Well if you ever have a match that needs you to move more, I could see transporting ships over the game board (especially if you use the double large) board could save on energy.

It Depends on how the mechanic works. I mean if you have to pay the full launch cost again It would not be that worth it, but maybe just half the activation cost the second deployment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.