4 Posts

Fortress America» Forums » Rules

Subject: Resource territories rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Marsch
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played Fortress America as 2012 began and loved every second of it. It had been many years since I had played it in my youth and even then I didn't play it right. My question has to do with the invaders moving in and through the resource territories. Do the invaders need to declare a battle on the terr. and then capture it before moving through it? I can't figure it out from my most recent reading of the rules. Any help would be greatly welcomed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damo
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
Look Up! Stay Alive!
badge
http://australianmuseum.net.au/Drop-Bear
mbmbmbmbmb
(Caveat to this advice - it's from the Original Rulebook. If you are playing the new game then the rules may have changed, but look in the below section just in case.)

ithai wrote:
My question has to do with the invaders moving in and through the resource territories. Do the invaders need to declare a battle on the terr. and then capture it before moving through it?

Yes.

See Action 2: Declare Battles on page 10 of the Rule Book.

"The player must declare which territories he plans to attack (if any) on the combat part of his turn. He does this by placing a battle marker in that territory and declaring that it is a "declared territory"."

It doesn't matter if it's the resource territory or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Marsch
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting so they must conquer each territory the move through. Well that makes the game two tons more fun. Cool thanks for the tip!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the invader players (mostly yellow player as he generally has the longest supply line) needs to consider whether they capture a lot of "intervening" territories, taking more turns, or just a few, advancing rapidly. as if you have fewer territories to move through, there is a bigger risk that the US player can reconquer them more easy and cut off the supply line of your frontline troops.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.