Jedd Pearce
Colombia
Medellín
flag msg tools
My name is Jedd and I love Medellín!
badge
The best show of all time.
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to be a huge RISK 2210 A.D. fan, and after seeing Risk 2210: Mars, I decided to create my own variants. Not being overly creative, I created a risk map for Venus based on the actual topographical data we have for the planet (assuming it was flooded with water and air).

Taking things a step further, I created my own rules and cards for the game to create an entirely new version of RISK. After playtesting it with my local game group, we found some balancing errors in the game, but I never got around to balancing them. Eventually, I created a new map that was supposed to be more balanced, but by this time my love of Risk was dying.

I'm presently working on a new card based game (think Thunderstone meets Race for the Galaxy), and want to give the old files up to anyone who might have a use for them.

Risk: Venus
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2510394/BGG/Risk%20Venus/Risk%20Venu...
Risk: Beta
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2510394/BGG/Risk%20New%20World/RISK%...

P.S. You can also find some of my RISK: 2210 A.D. Card variants in this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
That is nice! Me and another guy were fiddling with making a Venus map but never quite finished. I did learn a lot about the geography of Venus though! See: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/424859/venus-map-prototype/p...

It looks like you made the same mistake I did for my original version. You left out Lada Terra and treated the Istar Terra(the North continent) as if it was the same size as Aphrodite Terra. (Aphrodite Terra is Way bigger) It's a decent map though.

So what's the second map? just something you made up out of the blue?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jedd Pearce
Colombia
Medellín
flag msg tools
My name is Jedd and I love Medellín!
badge
The best show of all time.
mbmbmbmbmb
marhawkman wrote:
That is nice! Me and another guy were fiddling with making a Venus map but never quite finished. I did learn a lot about the geography of Venus though!
Thanks, it's true!
marhawkman wrote:
So what's the second map? just something you made up out of the blue?
Yup. laugh Instead of going for something that was more accurate to our solar system, I went for something that was more balanced and simple. I liked the direction it was going and would use Illustrator for all future projects instead of Photoshop like I did for the first one. Much smaller files and much easier to work with, if not a more cartoon style.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.