Dust Tactics» Forums » General

Subject: The Russians are coming!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Revolta
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And so do the aircrafts: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=2987

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Japan
Saitama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed they are!

I've been on the fence for a long time about Dust Tacitcs/Warfare, to be honest more and more off the fence entirely, but these guys just might make me change my mind. The autogyro looks ridiculous but the walkers make up for it in spades! Whatever happens I'll get a couple of those anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rosado
United States
East Stroudsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
2nd Lieutenant United States Army
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, Always good to see new stuff for Dust Tactics. I'm going to be one broke mofo with all these new releases coming out..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Robinson
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is great news. Glad to see things heating up for Dust Tactics. As a fan of AT-43, I am so relieved to see Dust Tactics get much better treatment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jow 128
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Very exciting news. Both a new faction and aircraft are very welcome additions to the game. Can't wait to see the aircraft rules as well as how they affect the tempo of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marek L
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Jesus.. My poor wallet...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Buckingham
msg tools
mb
I was hanging out for the russians but the current pics leave me underwhelmed compared to they did with the Red Blok in AT-43.

I need to see some close up pics of those mechs and helicopter before my wallet open....

BUT still good news that they are here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morse
England
Barnard Castle
flag msg tools
designer
badge
not the nose, not the nose!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be good if the top picture was the set you bought, but I expect it will be carved up into lot's of individual sets for you to spend too much on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Revolta
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More pictures are here: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_npm_sec.asp?eidm=125&...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marek L
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
OK this chopper thing is some kind of joke.. I know we have a certain "flow" here but it looks just silly, like a toy for a few year old kid... All the rest is fine, colours, troops, just change the damn thing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wyant
United States
Spindale
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have several players ready to start playing Dust Tactics as soon as these units are released! This is great News!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jow 128
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Lska wrote:
OK this chopper thing is some kind of joke.. I know we have a certain "flow" here but it looks just silly, like a toy for a few year old kid... All the rest is fine, colours, troops, just change the damn thing!

I dunno man, it looks pretty much exactly like a fusion of several Soviet helicopters from real life. I rather like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marek L
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Come on! Soviet choppers had their specific body, but it is just hmm fluffy? Too big? I do not know, it just looks like a toy? They could do not toy, not funny loking tanks on legs ! LEGS! So why not make a non funny chopper?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Buckingham
msg tools
mb
Lska wrote:
Come on! Soviet choppers had their specific body, but it is just hmm fluffy? Too big? I do not know, it just looks like a toy? They could do not toy, not funny loking tanks on legs ! LEGS! So why not make a non funny chopper?:D

Yep, it is a bit toy like, but I want to see it from other angles before I pan it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lska wrote:
Come on! Soviet choppers had their specific body, but it is just hmm fluffy? Too big? I do not know, it just looks like a toy? They could do not toy, not funny loking tanks on legs ! LEGS! So why not make a non funny chopper?

I'm with you on this one, the helicopter just looks silly...too bad.

I sure wish FFG would put out army sets. originally I think the expansions were suppose to be big box expansions, oh well, guess FFG can make more money this way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The bloated copter look does not bother me so much. There are more than few examples floating around of Soviet vehicles that look less than attractive. I do not think the Reds were so worried about how their enemies perceived the look of their equipment as much as their equipment was cheap to build compared to its effectiveness. The military in the USSR did not always have to have something "sleek" looking to get the Politburo to approve the money for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.