Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Enrico Catanzaro
Italy
Palermo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi all,
after about 15 years from my last game I'm here again just to know if - putting aside the AWAW sites, forum, resources etc. etc. - exists an active community of players using the VASSAL version of A3R.

Also I would know if the old manual in the box is still used or a updated living manual has been created in the years.
thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mustafa Ünlü
United States
Takoma Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think there is a lot of VASSAL action going on, but I could be wrong.

I have uploaded an updates rules set to the files section here. It incorporates all errata, FAQ and other rules updates. check it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico Catanzaro
Italy
Palermo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just joined the Yahoo A3R group with about 150 players and an (apparent at least) decent health status. The VASSAL module looks perfect.
Will see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico Catanzaro
Italy
Palermo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Mustafa and me, are trying a campaign game using his revised and updated rules and tables (actually there are very few changes and they are mainly the result of all official changes made by AH in the years and the by the inclusion in the body of the rules of all cases covered by the Q&As). Diplomacy is in full effect, as cover operations, but we ignores Research. Also we use a US-Axis Tensions Table slighty changed that, I think, is the one used for the combined game A3R+RS. We opted also to not use variants for this game.

We'll play via email, using VASSAL to show moves, ACTS for dr/DR, declare actions and activities, and classic email for comments.

It's always possible some live session on VASSAL from time to time to seed up things.

yes it seems a bit complex, but with a little of effort we can make this project work. We do not have hurry.

After side selection (I'm the good player and he's the bad one using the black counters) we are in the middle of fall '39 turn.
Not surpringly he attacked Poland (!) and shot down my entire air force losing one air factor. Now I'm waiting his panzers on the holy ground of Poland.
During the Diplomacy phase Hitler called by phone Mussolini, unaware that the same call was made days before by Chamberlain and by the French Prime minister. So Italy mantained its current political position. A pity that the dux have had no enough balls to rust the Pact of Steel. ( the modified dr was 1...).
Other DPs was placed on US from both sides carrying the tensions marker to a final 4.

more later, in a shorter form reassuming political events, option selection, main military actions and losses turn by turn and, possibly, in the Session reports subforum

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joshua danley
United States
chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
hey I recently broke out my copy of this game..if you guys are still doing this I wouldn't mind a game..I would need to be tutored on vassal though, i have tried to use it before and didn't quite get it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico Catanzaro
Italy
Palermo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, we are still in the middle of fall '40.
Our game is part via PbeM, part via VASL and we have the assistance of ACTS for the dice. While it could seem a little complex, everything works pretty well. I can help you to fully understand the use of VASSAL mod of A3R. We need an on line date (next week). PM me if interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.