Subject: Two questions regarding Battlelore rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan De Vrij
Belgium
flag msg tools
mb
I have two questions for the Battlelore fans:

1) Does anyone have any experience with this book: http://www.lulu.com/product/pocketboek/battlelore-collected-...? The price is pretty nice but the shipping cost can add up. I'm looking for some opinions before I (may) order it.

2) I purchased the older expansions (100YW, the two goblin and two dwarven expansions) and I'm now looking towards Horrific Horde, Bearded Brave and Code of Chivalry. I read about the bad figure quality of Code of Chivalry. Is this symptomatic for the other two expansions too?

Thanks in advance for your opinions and answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Symons
Belgium
Glabbeek
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not really sure that book is legit. As far as I know, FFG never released a 'compendium' (such as this book claims to be) of all the rules for Battlelore, though one can download all rulebooks from their website. So clearly this 'author', is selling intellectual property that he doesn't have the rights to.
Correct me if I'm wrong...
Can't really comment on your second question, as I don't have any of those expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Manes
United States
Chico
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Lulu combined rule book is not being sold for profit. You can learn about its genesis in this thread. The thread also has .pdf links at the end so you can "try before you buy."

You might also want to check out the reference from Universal Head. It's excellent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't notice any issues with Code of Chivalry, nor did I notice any problems with Bearded Brave or Horrific Horde. As I understand it, FFG had to make casts of repeat figures from plastic figures themselves, so you might find that the Knights in Code of Chivalry weren't as detailed as the one in Scottish Wars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sanderson
Canada
Thornhill
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The quicker the Battlelore sets get bought up, the quicker (I hope!) FFG will start work on new stuff for it. So get buying!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sweazey
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SammySnijbonen wrote:
I'm not really sure that book is legit. As far as I know, FFG never released a 'compendium' (such as this book claims to be) of all the rules for Battlelore, though one can download all rulebooks from their website. So clearly this 'author', is selling intellectual property that he doesn't have the rights to.
Correct me if I'm wrong...
Can't really comment on your second question, as I don't have any of those expansions.

I purchased the book, and it is quite good. However, as the creator says, it isn't meant to replace the regular rulebooks. It removes all the examples and many of the graphics, so it is meant to be a reference for the base game and the expansions. It works quite well, and the quality is good.

As for copy-write infringement, it is not being sold for profit, and the creator doesn't claim authorship. It has been on the market for quite a while, and if FFG had a problem with it I am sure they would have notified Lulu and the creator.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandra Borges
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The biggest problem I've found was assembling the bases to the minis. The minis that you can notice some difference in quality are the ones already published, but is so light that the only person that will notice it is you when you'll be painting it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.