Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Hurst
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lets say I'm French and I get a letter of Marque that says to consider me English. Am I no longer considered French or am I now both? And as a further issue, if France and England go to war, what happens then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
John Coltrane - Both Directions At Once: The Lost Album
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tarheel wrote:
Lets say I'm French and I get a letter of Marque that says to consider me English. Am I no longer considered French or am I now both? And as a further issue, if France and England go to war, what happens then?

While you hold the Letter of Marque you are considered English. If France and England go to war, French naval NPCs will attack you and English naval NPCs will ignore you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Sphere wrote:
If France and England go to war, French naval NPCs will attack you and English naval NPCs will ignore you.

The state of war doesn't matter, since from the "English Letter of Marque" the three other nations (France, Spain and Dutch) considers you a pirate and would attack even at peace. And also if you manage to lose all bounties (from clemency or other cards).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.