United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Now I don't know if GeekLists automatically drop out of sight after 2 weeks, or if some Admin chose to banish my GL off the Hot GL list on everyone's front page. Neither here nor there.

But I wanted all BGG users to know that this is the final week to participate in my start-of-the-year gift give-away. I'm giving away several boardgames, plus many GeekGold prizes, ostensibly to be used to purchase BGG features such as Avatars and OverText.

Winners will be selected on Sunday. And everyone has a chance to win just by thumbing individual items in the GL.

It's my way to thank the community for 5 fun-filled years on this site.

FREE GAME GIVEAWAY! Why? Because It's the First Game Giveaway of the Year on BGG & I Need to Put Other Things on My Shelves & I Want to See How Many Thumbs I Get Compared to Raiko! Free Shipping Worldwide! ÜberGeekBadge, OverText & 100 Avatar Prizes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to BGG General

The Hot filter is based on recent thumbs. Older geeklists naturally trail off in the list after a time as their new thumbs come in at a slower rate compared to those received by newer geeklists.

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
Moved to BGG General

The Hot filter is based on recent thumbs. Older geeklists naturally trail off in the list after a time as their new thumbs come in at a slower rate compared to those received by newer geeklists.

-MMM

I track my own contributions. There has been a slow, but steady, stream of thumbs for the GL as a whole. It shows on the Hot GeekList search, but not on the list of Hot GL's on the site's front page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure how the algorithms differ. Those specifics are kept secret. My best guess is the age of the list factors into the front page module.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
I'm not sure how the algorithms differ. Those specifics are kept secret. My best guess is the age of the list factors into the front page module.

One of my guesses.

Regardless, the point of this thread was to let those who may have missed the GL's time on the front page know about it before it ends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.