Subject: House Rule: playing scars (no spoilers) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Forsyth
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My friend and I both wanted to play scars in our first game in the same territory during the same combat. I wanted to play an ammo shortage and he wanted to play a bunker. (both scars available at the start of the game)

From the rules and browsing the forum, it seems that preference would go to the attacker since we both slapped the scar card down at the same time. However, we decided to use the following house rule instead:

When two or more players want to play a scar at the beginning of a combat, the players roll a die and the player with the highest roll gets to place his or her scar.

It seemed to work well and adds a little more drama when scar cards are in play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Java Joe wrote:
My friend and I both wanted to play scars in our first game in the same territory during the same combat. I wanted to play an ammo shortage and he wanted to play a bunker. (both scars available at the start of the game)

From the rules and browsing the forum, it seems that preference would go to the attacker since we both slapped the scar card down at the same time. However, we decided to use the following house rule instead:

When two or more players want to play a scar at the beginning of a combat, the players roll a die and the player with the highest roll gets to place his or her scar.

It seemed to work well and adds a little more drama when scar cards are in play.

We did the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevan sumner
Canada
Brandon
Manitoba
flag msg tools
Join us in June for Manitoba's longest-running game convention! www.prairiecon.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This came up in our second game. I checked on bgg at the time and found a reference (can't remember where) to the scar going to the first person to say that they were playing a scar. But if we had both declared our intent at the same time, the dice roll tiebreaker seems about as fair a solution as you're going to find.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.