Mike Callahan
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

This is a new unofficial variant (updated) that adds some tactical attacks against the Villains based upon the theme of the monster involved. It is a tactic, so the players have to decide whether they should risk it or not!

This is version 3, with streamlined rules, a new system for Allies to be Guides, a 'make-your-own-story' guideline and improved tactics for the Banshee and new ones for the Shadow Witch!

For more, read:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/65094/hunting-the-nigh...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Malkowski
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like what you have done with this. I think it will present an interesting sub-mechanic to the game. The beauty of it is it's optional. I like the inclusion of the GUIDES rules.

The fact that these are villian-specific really add to the games already rich thematic elements.

I plan on playing several solo games with these rules in place and attempt to determine if the search roll should remain at 5+ or be modified to 6+.

Thanks for the great work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Callahan
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to your results! Always striving to make it better! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sinelli
United States
Macomb
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could you explain how the effect for "Race the Horseman" works? What is meant by "...any single Hero (players' choice) may or may not be selected to Race the Horseman. The first player decides ties." What is the selection process? Is the event tied to the event "The Horseman Rides Tonight!"? Thanks. I must say this stuff is brilliant

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Duly
Canada
Langley
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I need some clarification on the SEARCH action used in this variant:

From what I understand, I am assuming the players are aware of the Tactic areas right from the start of the game? Is this correct? I would assume so since the Tactics areas can be marked with Skill Upgrade markers (as noted in the variant text).

First thing I'm not so clear on, how do the players know what the objective and trigger cards are? Are all players given the Tactics charts for the game's villain at the start of the game?

If the players are given the Tactics chart, it seems like it would be fairly simple for players to simply go straight to the Tactics locations indicated, use the SEARCH action and get the proper trigger/objective card (assuming they can pass the skill check). Then the following turn, go straight to the noted location for the corresponding trigger/objective card and HUNT THE NIGHT to activate it and gain the benefit.

I suppose players would have to spend time getting some investigation tokens and perhaps building up skills before doing this.

I like a lot of things about this variant but maybe I am missing something as it seems to change the criticism about "aimless wandering" to the other extreme of basically "players will go straight to point A then point B" and have the players be stuck on a path that is too specific, in other words: railroaded.

Please let me know if I am understanding the gameplay of the variant properly. It seems like a great idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.