Popular Tags: [View All]
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Game night with the anime folks is going to be four hours long. Ages should be 20-30. I'm not sure which of these games to bring, and some of them haven't been played yet. Any recommendations from these, or am I going to have to dig out the one-hour vaguely Japanese themed games? Thanks in advance.

Sorry Sliders games:
* Sorry Sliders
* Sorry Sliders Cars 2 Grand Prix

Risk games:
* Risk (Revised)
* Risk 2210
* Risk Star Wars

Adventure boardgames:
* Prophecy
* Return of the Heroes
* RotH plus Shadow Dragon expansion
* Betrayal on House on the Hill

Dungeoncrawl:
* Legend of Drizzt
* Wrath of Ashardalon
* Castle Ravenloft
* Halo
* Doomtrooper: Mutant Siege at the Citadel
* HeroQuest

Crayon Train Games
* Empire Builder
* Australian Rails
* Japan Rails
* Eurorails

Classic Games:
* Clue: Master Edition

Party games:
* What Were You Thinking

EDIT: Should say that I'm not up for buying more games -- I haven't even played some of these! Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Galaxy is Just Packed!
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yomi

Great, fun, fast-playing game, but the rulebook is horrible. Truly one of the worst. It makes a very simple game seem overly complex.

Anime fans will love it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Wankel engine
mbmbmbmbmb
This isn't on your list but if you like anime and dungeon crawls, you should check out Super Dungeon Explore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fitzgerald
United States
Mazomanie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're adding games:

Tanto Cuore - Dominion-like game
Anima: Shadow of Omega - I didn't care for it, but anime theme. They've also got a minis game I haven't played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Glencross
Australia
Geelong
VIC
flag msg tools
If you don't know the players, bring a range of games in different weights/difficulties like you might to any group. If your group is anything like the Anime and Gaming club I help run, the players range from interested but don't like heavy games to hardcore gamers that like a big range of things. They are split fairly evenly and the ones who like the less complex games tend to like games focused more on fun/joking around ie. munchkin/fluxx but also generaly like some of the shorter more complex games. The D&D games are fairly popular.
Apart from AniMayhem I don't think we've played any specifically anime/japanese style games and our players range from interested to hard core.

If it helps, most anime clubs/conventions seem to focus a lot on video games as well.

Some of the games really depend on how much room you have to pack them, and what your players would like.
Not knowing the players but looking at your list and what I know about them I would probably suggest:
One of the Sorry Sliders - Don't know much about these except that they're fun dex games(?)
One of the Risk games. - Risk usually goes down pretty well.
Betrayal on House on the Hill
One or more of Legend of Drizzt, Wrath of Ashardalon, Castle Ravenloft

Don't know much about Crayon Train Games but depending on how well you know your players I'd probably bring one of these, of med/low complexity if possible.

Clue: Master Edition - Could get some gamers who aren't interested in/don't know any more modern games, but probably not a high priority depending on how much you know about the group

What Were You Thinking - Don't know this one, party games can be hit or miss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.