Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Arcus-Goldberg
United States
Natick
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am looking for a 3+ player game. I like Loot for its very simple explanation, interesting theme, quick decision making, but some nice interactions as you decide to attack a ship or put out your own.

I am bothered by the graphic design, particularly the dark colors that match.

I am looking for:
1) Did any complany release or any person make a pnp version that is easier to see?
2) Suggestions for games to replace this.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Loot came out in at least one German version before it was Loot. Check the game page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Parade.

You're welcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
tevacircus wrote:

At the risk of eliciting much wailing and gnashing of teeth, I'm going to recommend that you get a Sharpie and mark your cards to make it easier to tell the suits apart from each other.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Arcus-Goldberg
United States
Natick
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The pirate cards are overall pretty dark, I'm not sure how writing with a Sharpie on them would help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Mine have a pretty solid dose of light background that I could write G, P, B, and O on if I was having trouble working out the suit colors. If yours are too dark for that I'd recommend having them replaced.

Naval Battles plays to six and is interesting. A bit more in your face than Knizia titles but nothing to off-putting. True team play. It's cards are quite light.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Forbes

New Hampshire
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Escalation! - Even more simple - it's just a ladder climbing trick avoidance game with no suits, but where the distribution of cards is uneven.

Ivanhoe - Closer to Loot. Thematically it's something more like putting on a show at a medieval faire. There are different suits that have different characteristics, but only one "joust" goes on at a time. First person to win all 5 gems wins the game. Note: relatively short with 3, but with more people the length of the game grows dramatically.

I may have linked the wrong Ivanhoe. It should be a little card game by Knizia.

R-Eco - A set collection game where you're forced to pick cards that you don't always want. It's similar in depth to Loot. Quick and easy, though it plays somewhat differently. It's a bit nastier than the above games. There's no direct combat like in Ivanhoe, but you can force your opponents in to nasty situations just the same.

tevacircus wrote:
I am looking for a 3+ player game. I like Loot for its very simple explanation, interesting theme, quick decision making, but some nice interactions as you decide to attack a ship or put out your own.

I am looking for:
1) Did any complany release or any person make a pnp version that is easier to see?
2) Suggestions for games to replace this.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.A.H. van de Laak
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try Korsar, the German version. I prefer that one, much easier to see... it has a more 17th century feel to it. It looks like it was drawn / designed in that century which is very fitting. I love it.

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/113303/loot

Another game that you might try is Dark Whisperings (Palastgefluster) I recently bought it and its a huge hit! Really nice and it plays very fast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.