Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Commands & Colors: Napoleonics Expansion #1 – The Spanish Army» Forums » General

Subject: Errors on the charts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope I 'm not repeating a post but I think there are errors on the "Ranged fire and melee tables" of the spanish expansion I received!

On the last page, in the British Units table, in the moving ranged fire column and concerning Light infantry, Rifle Light infantry, Grenadiers and Guard Grenadiers: they should write "1/2 block round up +1" instead of just "1/2 block round up" as they did. The charts of the base game didn't make this error.

Right?

GG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wheal
United States
Kosse
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/713446/new-reference-car...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OKTY! I'm going to create my own charts anyway!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guillaume,

Have you looked at this one I created?
http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/64131/ccnap-unit-reference
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great job!

With respect: I noticed that my players and mostly the new ones prefer the "classical" chats with simple notes like "+1" or "ignore 1 flag" than the charts we had in the Spanish expansion with all thoses boards giving the number of dice per number of blocks! Thoses last charts make them allways returning to the charts ... wich is not the goal I suppose: The goal is to learn & to remember!

So again with respect for your beautifull work (wich I'm sure will please losts of players), I will stick to the "classical" kind of charts.

The only reason I would like to do my own one (if I find the time one day) is mostly to do it in my own language and more compact than the GMT ones (too big on the double page or incomplete on the last page)!

Best regards.

GG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Back in November, I took the latest national characteristics summary charts that GMT offered for the game on their website and downloaded them. Then I opened the files in Adobe Illustrator and corrected the errors that other player's found. Then I printed 3 color copies of each. I also made 6 color copies of the base game terrain chart. I tacked one terrain chart to the back of each of the GMT charts and had these laminated at a Kinko's/Office Depot.

Now my opponent and I (or the other generals in in an ad-hoc Epic game) each have a reference consisting of a single page to refer to when playing the game. The others are near-by, if needed, but are in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.