Subject: [sex] Awesome Big Bang Quote rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb

So my roommate and I were re-watching a first season Big Bang Theory rerun tonight and and I was reminded of an awesome Leslie Winkle line.

When Penny is first introduced to Leslie, who is a researcher at the University along with the other main characters other than Penny this exchange occurs.

Penny: "Oh, wow ! A girl scientist!"
Leslie: "Yup. Come for the breasts. Stay for the brains."

That is just perfect, and so ME. Boobs and brains I have in copious quantities.

I am going to have to buy Ubberbadge Overtext so I can pair that with my TMI Empress title. "Yep I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts. Stay for the brains!". Just as soon as I have enough extra GG for it.

BTW the entire episode is excellent. Especially the "Musical Foreplay" scene.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
Go get it.

Thanks BJ, that is so sweet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Done! Check it out. Thanks again BJ.

BTW I love Big Bang Theory. So many great lines.

So any other really great sex(y) quotes people like from TV and/or movies people recall fondly?

Do they apply to you?

Do you wish they applied to you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kissa
United States
flag msg tools
La vie est un jeu
badge
Panem et Circenses
mbmbmbmbmb
I second your getting of the badge even though I've never found that show funny.

edit: too funny, I'm too late once again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KissaTaikuri wrote:
I second your getting of the badge even though I've never found that show funny.

edit: too funny, I'm too late once again.

Well keep in mind I really AM a scientist. I have spent almost 20 years working at a national lab. Primarily doing nuclear waste research but I also on teams doing a variety of other things. After going to school with a bunch of people studying science and engineering.

And I have spent even longer being a Sci-Fi, gaming, and space program junkie. (I spent several nights on the beach with friends, mostly from the science club, in 9th grade just to see the first Space Shuttle Launch)

So several times during any episode not only do I *know* people just like those characters... Often I am just like those guys and gals.

Right on down to watching Star Wars a bazillion times and arguing about obscure science theories.

Most of my friends and co-workers find the show to be hilarious for similar reasons. It is so "us" and the world we live in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burster of Bubbles, Destroyer of Dreams.
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Just imagine the red offboard up here. I'll create it Real Soon Now...
badge
Yes, I know a proper 18XX tile should have a tile number.
mbmbmbmbmb
I helped George Smoot win his Nobel Prize, his cameo on the train episode was awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
However, I do not have the audacity to edit my uberbadge overtext to say
Quote:
Female geek. Come for the breasts, stay for the brains.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Bradley
United Kingdom
Haverhill
Suffolk
flag msg tools
badge
The best things in life aren't things.
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally got some over-text as well. It's some wisdom I heard from a friend just the other day
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
"Brains out for the lads!" blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a big fan of the show, though I have been told I'm somewhat similar to Sheldon... by my mother. cry

But they definately have someone who knows their particle physics on that show. In particular, that negative sign Leslie Winkle fixes in that very episode led to a Nobel Prize, and the equation on the blackboard is pretty accurate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Selkirk
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sex is and will continue to be the utmost important topic of all time.
Sex sells.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Rüscher
Germany
Paderborn
flag msg tools
badge
Brettspieler
mbmbmbmbmb
Meerkat wrote:
"Come for the breasts. Stay for the brains."

Seriously: Could some friendly native speaker please explain this to me?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
gruescher wrote:
Meerkat wrote:

Which part?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
gruescher wrote:
Meerkat wrote:

No problem.

Men like boobies. But boobies while initially entertaining, become boring after a while. At which point men need something else to keep them stimulated. That's where brains come in. Nothing like stimulating and intellectual conversation for those 20 minutes before men start thinking about boobies again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
But boobies while initially entertaining, become boring after a while.

Boring? What the hell are you on man?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Lizarraga
Mexico
Merida
Yucatan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KissaTaikuri wrote:

I have to admit I like the show but I most of the time don't find it funny.

Why? Because everything they talk makes perfect sense to me. I mean, to the average people they talk nonsense and they have no clue of what they are talking about, and that results funny to them! They laugh because they don't understand.

It might be that I understand everything they say, and everything looks perfectly normal to me, so I don't find a reason to laugh.

Has anyone else experienced this with this show?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Axel wrote:
KissaTaikuri wrote:

I have to admit I like the show but I most of the time don't find it funny.

Why? Because everything they talk makes perfect sense to me. I mean, to the average people they talk nonsense and they have no clue of what they are talking about, and that results funny to them! They laugh because they don't understand.

It might be that I understand everything they say, and everything looks perfectly normal to me, so I don't find a reason to laugh.

Has anyone else experienced this with this show?

nolaugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gruescher wrote:
Meerkat wrote:

Die Titten ziehen man an, aber das Hirn (=Intelligentz) macht man zu bleiben.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Morganza wrote:
However, I do not have the audacity to edit my uberbadge overtext to say
Quote:
Female geek. Come for the breasts, stay for the brains.

Well I am the RSP TMI* Princess for a reason.

Bodacious by nature, Audacious by choice.

*TMI = Too Much Information, which for people not up on current cultural idiomatic phrases means I often tell people more about myself and my life experiences than they *REALLY* wanted to know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Morganza wrote:
I helped George Smoot win his Nobel Prize, his cameo on the train episode was awesome.

Ok - A moment of fawning admiration is due here. That is the sexiest thing on this thread so far. I am so impressed and totally want to hear more about this. Your work with him if you don't mind sharing would be extremely fun to hear about.

BTW on a less professional note that he is a fan of and wanted to be on the show is awesome. Is he as fun and sexy in person as he appears to be in this clip about the show?

Yeah I do get all bouncy excited about brilliant people who know how to play and have fun. Meeting Byron Bird and Benoît Mandelbrot and finding out how much fun they were in addition to being brilliant were two of the shiny highlights of my career experiences thus far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

BTW since we are talking about the show, did you know that Mayim Bialik has a Ph.D. in Neuroscience? Giving her some real Geek Cred.

Plus some RSP... she is one of those people who has no trouble reconciling her religious views with science.

She Blogs about parenting with a Jewish twist at:

[url]http://www.kveller.com/blog/author/mayim-bialik/[/q]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

Would you be happy (faithfully) married to a mermaid? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Meerkat wrote:
Morganza wrote:

Ok - A moment of fawning admiration is due here. That is the sexiest thing on this thread so far. I am so impressed and totally want to hear more about this. Your work with him if you don't mind sharing would be extremely fun to hear about.

It's not as exciting as all that. (OK, maybe it is.)

I was a heavy-duty programmer on ground data processing software for the COBE satellite from 1989 to 1994. There were three experiments on COBE -- DMR, Dr. Smoot's project, that measured anisotropy in the CMR; FIRAS, (Dr. John Mather) which collected spectrum data on the CMR, and DIRBE (Dr. Mike Hauser), which collected very high-resolution (for the time) data on the galactic infrared background and thus dust distribution.

Drs. Smoot and Mather jointly won the 2006 Nobel Prize in physics for the basic research done by their instruments; I was mostly assigned to data processing software for the DIRBE experiment, though I did do some work on core shared software, such as our specialized database interface and attitude-determination code.

I was present at the January 1990 AAS presentation where Mather got a standing ovation when he put up the slide plotting the first few weeks of FIRAS observations against a black-body curve; not only was it a nearly perfect fit, but he'd had to magnify some of the error bars to make them visible at all. That was cool and exciting and worth all the hours of sleep I'd lost.

One of the things I did a lot of "other duties as assigned" work on was creating graphical images of the DIRBE data; as we moved towards full-sky coverage it was exciting to see the gaps get smaller and smaller. I remember one day sitting at the workstation, watching an image form, and realizing that I was the first human being to EVER see what that part of the sky looked like at 25 microns. As the processing went along the science team started using the data to model and subtract out the contributions from our local solar system, most notably the light scattered from the dust in the Asteroid Belt. You know, local crap.

One of my better stories from that time period:
Quote:
Many many years ago, at Pennsic...

Yes, I know, a lot of stories start this way. No shit, there I was... but this isn't one of those stories.

Many years ago, at Pennsic, I drove up to the encampment, and disgorged a few people and their stuff out of my car, and then went off to park my car. Given the lateness of the hour, Karl G. chivalrously offered to go with me, and walk me back to Badger Camp afterwards.

So off we went, and parked my car, and walked back.

Halfway between the dusty parking lot and the commotion of the camps, Karl stopped me. "Look up!" he said. I looked up, and up, and up... a dark sky full of stars, stars you never see in the city. The Milky Way sprawled across the sky in all its glory, a familiar sight to our ancestors but not to us. Maybe the sky wasn't as clear and pure as I'd seen it from a mountain in the wilderness, but it was a beautiful sight just the same.

A different woman could have looked at that sight and simply taken it for what it was, enjoyed it for what it was. But not me, no.

I looked up at that sky full of stars and exclaimed, "but it's so much prettier in the infrared!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Meerkat wrote:

BTW since we are talking about the show, did you know that Mayim Bialik has a Ph.D. in Neuroscience? Giving her some real Geek Cred.

Not only does she have a Ph.D. in Neuroscience, but Raj also suggests inviting "that girl that played Blossom" as a team member on a Physics Bowl in the first season episode "The Bat Jar Conjecture" - way before she appeared in the Season Three Finale. Ironically enough, it is "Boobs and Brains" Leslie that joins the team.

Another anecdote about Big Bang Theory - the one and only Wil Wheaton is an occasional guest - yes, this "Wil Wheaton":

Wil Wheaton
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

The bowling episode (where Penny breaks up with Leonard) is the one I am most familiar with, as Sheldon create's a shirt for their bowling team called "The Wesley Crushers". Fantastic!

And finally, the other unique and cool thing about BBT is the fact that they actually have a "scientifc technical consultant" for the show - his name is David Saltzburg, and he is a physics/astronomy professor at UCLA. That may explain why those of you who are actually "real" scientists may not actually find the show very funny, because to you there is no "joke" behind the science if you actually understand what they are talking about when they start getting technical. Although, I am sure that if there were a show about a group of nerdy tax attorneys all arguing about the nuances related to the Internal Revenue Code, you would find it funny, but I would find it dull and boring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
qzhdad wrote:
Geosphere wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

Would you be happy (faithfully) married to a mermaid? whistle

I'm afraid of the ocean.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.