Popular Tags: [View All]
Dick Butler
United States
Paynesville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried this solitaire last night and found it surprisingly playable.

You need only the Offensive Deck, all the regular game dice and a 12-sided die.

Play the Offensive Deck as normal and roll the d12 to determine the Defensive play call. Then roll the regular dice as usual to get the outcome of the play; it's as simple as that.

Every Offensive play card gives the result against each of the 12 possible Defensive plays, always in the same order on the card, from GOAL LINE to PREVENT, 6 Run Defenses followed by 6 Pass Defenses. If you think of these as having numbers 1 thru 12, you can see how smooth and easy this can play. As a solitaire player, of course, you're always on Offense while the d12 die "makes" the Defensive call.

Note: I removed the previous edited material to a new thread, because it was not so much an edit of this d12 idea, but a new and better version altogether. Check it out if you like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stevens
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
I protect the sheep in our society from the wolves.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like it has potential for some fun solo play. Time for me to go pick up a D12.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Benthien
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Sounds good but don't forget when you get inside the 20 use a D10 and when you get inside the 10 use a D8--just to keep it balanced. Reason is, you don't want to have the defense call a prevent/dime or the other long pass defenses when you can't use those pass plays
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Pee
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An even simpler method is to have the defensive deck shuffled and ready to go. Whenever you call a play, flip the top card of the Defensive deck and voila - the Defense has called their play. No need for dice.

This is how I played my first game of 1st & Goal (to become accustomed to the rules before teaching others).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dick Butler
United States
Paynesville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great suggestion, Bruno. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.