United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Was there something that deals with all the various cases of this? From the what I know of.... (questions from me are in BOLD)

1) NC crisis Resistance Bombings 12GPB
The Admiral may choose to lose 1 morale to execute a revealed Cylon or destroy 2 occupation forces.
\it explictly states "revealed Cylon", so no question there. Furthermore, you couldn't even try to argue vs. an unrevealed cylon

2) Resistance HQ location on NC (and only if the cylon is on NC.... same thing applies with Airlock vs. cylon when the fleets return to orbit IIRC)
\If you pass the skill check, it may be worth it to force a revealed cylon player to discard all of his skill cards, but usually, the Colonial Fleet has bigger fish to fry

3) Cally's OPG vs. a revealed cylon on NC
\see #2 above ^^

4) generic crisis card via Caprica, for exmaple....
A Verdict Of Guilty
The current player is executed and the Admiral discards 3 Skill Cards

From the UFAQ:
Quote:
Q: What defines (or who decides that) a particular effect of a crisis card is negative (since Cylons ignore negative abilities)? (thread)
A: (Corey, FFG, to infocynic): The Cylon may choose to apply any negative effect he desires, for whatever reason. Each Cylon may make this choice independently.

\so a cylon player can choose to ignore being executed if the admiral goes with that option. Furthermore, could the the revealed cylon player to get executed anyways (discards hand of skill cards, but would enable him to go back to Ress. Ship for more super crisis cards)?

4) Final Five (examiner is executed) via a cylon player getting to look at that loyalty card through that Crossroads card, or a crisis effect
--it was mentioned that revealed cylons get to ignore effects on FF cards (e.g. when a FF is revealed due to an execution, they don't have to discard 2 skill cards), this apply to the execution effect there as well?

\I'm going to guess that a revealed cylon can choose to ignore being executted, but also has the option of getting executed anyways?

5) any others I'm missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
mbmbmbmbmb
About the Resistance Bombings:
The Admiral may choose to lose 1 morale to execute a revealed Cylon or destroy 2 occupation forces.
To me it sounds ridiculous that a revealed Cylon could ignore the execution effect if the admiral chooses to execute him. My argument would be that the execution is not an effect of the crisis; instead, it is a consequence of the admiral's choice. The effect of the crisis is "the admiral may choose..." There is nothing to ignore here for revealed Cylons.

Some of the other things you mention are not related to crisis cards, so the designers' statements don't apply to those. For A Verdict of Guilty I would guess that revealed Cylons get to ignore the execution effect here (because it is a direct effect), even when on NC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flyboy Connor wrote:
About the Resistance Bombings:
To me it sounds ridiculous that a revealed Cylon could ignore the execution effect if the admiral chooses to execute him. My argument would be that the execution is not an effect of the crisis; instead, it is a consequence of the admiral's choice. The effect of the crisis is "the admiral may choose..." There is nothing to ignore here for revealed Cylons.

Some of the other things you mention are not related to crisis cards, so the designers' statements don't apply to those. For A Verdict of Guilty I would guess that revealed Cylons get to ignore the execution effect here (because it is a direct effect), even when on NC.
Well, A Verdict Of Guilty won't happen on NC. At that point, you switch to the NC crisis deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just heard that the Pegasus rules explicitly make an exception for the effect-ignoring of revealed Cylon for crises that mention "revealed Cylons" by name (and the rules mention "Resistance Bombing" as an example).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.