A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Raven token and special orders rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Siegfried
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoping one of you can clarify something for me about the raven token ability.

Let's imagine I am in first position on the King's Court track so I have the raven token and can place three special orders per round. I place all three special orders (march, consolidate and raid for example). After orders are assigned we flip them over and I realize I am being attacked where I had placed my special consolidate token, and would like to swap it out for one of my unused defense tokens. If I remove the special consolidate, can I replace it with my special defense token? I already played my three special order tokens, but since I am replacing a special with a special, I still only have three on the boar, so maybe it is okay.

What do you guys think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean O
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A perfectly legal move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kalle Klovn
Norway
flag msg tools
DeanAU wrote:
A perfectly legal move.

Agree!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Przemek Pro
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Replace it and toss your raven a piece of corn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
20100 Turku
flag msg tools
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance; the same description may be applied to the best, most elegant and both intellec
badge
and aesthetically satisfying games. By being unknowable, by resulting from events which, at the sub-atomic level, cannot be fully predicted, the future remains malleable, and retains the possibility of change, the hope of coming to prevail; victory.
mbmbmbmbmb
pchela wrote:
Replace it and toss your raven a piece of corn.

Corn is for northern ravens, the southern ones eat the eyes of traitors laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Siegfried
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys were correct. Official FFG response was:

"You are restricted by the total number of special orders on the board at any given time, not the total number of special orders placed that round.

So, yes, you can make that swap."

Not that I doubted you all. It got complicated on another thread where someone brought up the first edition rule which seemed to contradict the common opinion, so I went ahead and sent in the question anyways.

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.