5 Posts

A Game of Thrones: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: herald of the stag and others rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jamie boland
Canada
flag msg tools
if i play this in the setup phase do i get its ability to place a baratheon character on top of my deck so when i draw back up to 7 i can get it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kuba Poślednik
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mb
I am under the impression that character abilities cannot be trigerred during setup phase. So no herald would work during setup.
Also I note that you ask quite a few simple questions Jamie - try re-reading the manual most answers are in there, if not try official FAQ (FFG website) or just ask away if you prefer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Szorstki Fred wrote:
I am under the impression that character abilities cannot be trigerred during setup phase. So no herald would work during setup.
Also I note that you ask quite a few simple questions Jamie - try re-reading the manual most answers are in there, if not try official FAQ (FFG website) or just ask away if you prefer

I'm no expert, but I think you can use card abilities, in set up, unless the ability is phase-specific, of course.

I might be wrong though... I have been before

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmie Andersson
Sweden
Malmö
Skåne
flag msg tools
badge
Uuurrh! I let him in, uuuhh, was that not cool? Arrrarrh...
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't "play" anyting from your hand during setup, or "put it into play", so any kind of reactions to that are wasted (but that goes for bad ones as well, like some that comes into play knelt would be standing)

(http://agot.dbler.com/index.php?view=card&arsenalid=119153)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent 57
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. Herald of the stag says play, that specifically means paying his gold cost. No gold costs are paid in setup so nothing is played, or even put into play. Cards in setup are placed so no effects at all are active or can be triggered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.