Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jakob Kile-Vesik
Sweden
Kalmar
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick question. I might have misunderstood something in the rules about when you encounter a lieutenant in SoB. It says in the rules that you use the lieutenants card instead of an encounter card. Where does that leave the lieutenant when it comes to ships? I dont find anything about which ship they use. I guess they must have a ship? Wherelse would you place all your minions.
Thanks for all your time and help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbon Loughnan
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chaostar wrote:
Just a quick question. I might have misunderstood something in the rules about when you encounter a lieutenant in SoB. It says in the rules that you use the lieutenants card instead of an encounter card. Where does that leave the lieutenant when it comes to ships? I dont find anything about which ship they use. I guess they must have a ship? Wherelse would you place all your minions.
Thanks for all your time and help.

The only Lt with a ship is the Ghost Ship (any Avatar, Gold level only) which has no figures IIRC and whose rules are on pg30 (basically its just an empty ship with self manning stations).

Other Lts simply don't use a ship. They all either Swim or Fly anyway.
The Lts and their monsters (who also all either swim or fly, if they have any) are placed on the board in accordance with the (encounter) monster setup rules on pg17

SoB pg17
After the heroes are placed on the map, the overlord places the leader and his minions on the map. Figures without the Soar or Swim abilities must be placed on the NPC ship. Figures with the Soar or Swim abilities may be placed along any edge of the ocean map, but they must be at least five spaces away from the heroes’ ship. Large monsters must be placed completely on the map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakob Kile-Vesik
Sweden
Kalmar
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, thanks. I dont have the rules here now but say the siren. She has skeletons for minions doesnt she? Do they have swim or soar? Where would you place them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbon Loughnan
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chaostar wrote:
Ok, thanks. I dont have the rules here now but say the siren. She has skeletons for minions doesnt she? Do they have swim or soar? Where would you place them?

They have swim. She also gets two spiders from her Hordes of the Things (Beastmen don't swim, so can't deploy, and the skeletons are already maxed out at the start figure-wise).

Where to place them depends on the hero capabilities (and what cannons they have to some extent), the location, and what upgrades the OL has.

Basically around the edges, spread out a little if the heroes have decent AoE capabilities. It's a 'swarm' encounter generally, with the skeletons able to stay in the water and match range attacks with the heroes usually. Dangerous for the heroes to go after the skeletons (shark swarms, deep water effect, getting left behind when the ship moves with wind or current), though it can be done.
Meanwhile the Siren can stay at the back and force the heroes to save fatigue each turn, and cheaply reinforce sekeltons when they die.

It can be a very very difficult encounter for the heroes, especially if if skeletons have been upgraded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.