Popular Tags: [View All]
Roy Battiscombe
Wales
Cardiff
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone

My next board games day has been arranged for the 18th of Feb.

Hope to see you there.

When: 18th of February 2012, from 10:00 to 18:00

Where:
Firestorm Games
8A Trade Street
Penarth Road
Cardiff
United Kingdom
CF10 5DT

Whats being played:
We have a couple of players that usually bring in a selection from their personal collections to play with people.
Feel free to bring in any of your own games that you would like to play, and feel free to post here to arrange players.

Additional information
Please note that Firestorm games charges £3.60 entrance fee for their gaming area. If you are a Firestorm Member, then this will cover your entrance fee. Please note that their gaming area is quite large.

The store is within a 5 minute walk of both the Cardiff bus station and the Central train station, as well is several places to get food on the High street

Please feel free to post any questions here on the forum thread, or message me directly.

If you would like to be notified by e-mail whenever a new event has been scheduled, please message me with your e-mail address.

Regards
Roy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franziska
Wales
Cardiff
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We will be there! As always, if you have any wishes have a mooch at mine game collection or his : N/A

Thanks Roy for always organising this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Clementson
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oooh - I may actually be able to make this one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clare Cannon
Wales
Trefforest
Mid Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mb
The bar might also be up and running by the 18th!

Jake and I will be there.

If he can get time off work....
and I might have to sit in the corner and do coursework.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmond Hyland
United Kingdom
Newport
Gwent
flag msg tools
Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly. -- Neil Gaiman, Sandman Vol 6
badge
I dork therefore I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking forward to this one already! I'm debating bringing Arkham Horror along this time, if anyone would be interested in playing? I have high hopes of my card sleeves for it arriving at some point in the near future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Clementson
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BrokenMnemonic wrote:
I'm looking forward to this one already! I'm debating bringing Arkham Horror along this time, if anyone would be interested in playing? I have high hopes of my card sleeves for it arriving at some point in the near future.

Sleeving Arkham - now there's an ambitious project...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clare Cannon
Wales
Trefforest
Mid Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mb
Do you have the dunwich horror expansion with injury/madness cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmond Hyland
United Kingdom
Newport
Gwent
flag msg tools
Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly. -- Neil Gaiman, Sandman Vol 6
badge
I dork therefore I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got all of the expansions except for the Kingsport and Curse of the Dark Pharoah expansions, although I've only managed to get about ten plays of the base game in so far and haven't used any of the expansions yet. I was looking at adding in the Madness and Injury cards from the Dunwich expansion and the extra Madness and Injury cards from the Miskatonic expansion after a few more base games, and possibly adding in the gate bursts and relationship cards from Lurker/Miskatonic, but I don't want to overwhelm new players. Including me...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Battiscombe
Wales
Cardiff
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BrokenMnemonic wrote:
I've got all of the expansions except for the Kingsport and Curse of the Dark Pharoah expansions, although I've only managed to get about ten plays of the base game in so far and haven't used any of the expansions yet. I was looking at adding in the Madness and Injury cards from the Dunwich expansion and the extra Madness and Injury cards from the Miskatonic expansion after a few more base games, and possibly adding in the gate bursts and relationship cards from Lurker/Miskatonic, but I don't want to overwhelm new players. Including me...

You REALLY should use the injury/madness cards. I've played the game a few times, and once with the cards, and it was so much better.

Rules are simple. If your health or Sanity is reduced to zero, you go to the asylum/hospital, draw the relevant card, restore both stats to full and then continue the game on your next turn. You also no longer need to discard half your items and clues.
So much better!!!

(Apologies if I have that wrong, but thats how I remember it)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clare Cannon
Wales
Trefforest
Mid Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mb
Quote:
Rules are simple. If your health or Sanity is reduced to zero, you go to the asylum/hospital, draw the relevant card, restore both stats to full and then continue the game on your next turn. You also no longer need to discard half your items and clues.
So much better!!!

(Apologies if I have that wrong, but thats how I remember it)

You are devoured if you end up with 2 copies of the same injury/madness

but Yep thats about it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Clementson
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And the ones from the Miskatonic expansion add injuries that match with madnesses and vice versa - makes the odds of getting two of one thing more likely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmond Hyland
United Kingdom
Newport
Gwent
flag msg tools
badge
I dork therefore I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
baldrick wrote:
Sleeving Arkham - now there's an ambitious project...

If my sleeves arrive, I'll be sleeving Arkham and all bar two of it's expansions in one go. I'm trying to work out what three or four movies I should listen to while I'm doing it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmond Hyland
United Kingdom
Newport
Gwent
flag msg tools
badge
I dork therefore I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
So... should I be cautiously optimistic that if I turn up with Arkham Horror, there will be people willing to play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clare Cannon
Wales
Trefforest
Mid Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mb
Quote:
So... should I be cautiously optimistic that if I turn up with Arkham Horror, there will be people willing to play?

I'm afraid I will be looking to play the smaller quicker games however I will ask at the society as many of them haven't played it and are always up for trying new things!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Le Huray
Jersey
St. Johns
United Kingdom
msg tools
badge
I like unusual themes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt you should know as you have sleeved all your Arkham Horror Sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Clementson
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eatshootsandleafs wrote:
Matt you should know as you have sleeved all your Arkham Horror Sets.

Actually Arkham is one of the few that isn't sleeved

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clare Cannon
Wales
Trefforest
Mid Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mb
I've got a lull in the coursework and so i will definatly be there.

Jake got the day off too so he should be there.

Not much response from the game soc but I suspect Steve will be along.

EDIT:
fen/franziska would you be able to bring Takenoko along as I would like a game.. bit worried its simple to have replay value hence would like to try before buy. Also what was the game you played with morgan and the others at the last games day since they have mentioned it a few times and I would like to give it a go.
Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franziska
Wales
Cardiff
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually logged in to say we would be bringing Takenoko!

I think it was Battlestar Express.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clare Cannon
Wales
Trefforest
Mid Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mb
Not battlestar express

something about a volcano possibly....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franziska
Wales
Cardiff
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You may be talking about Eruption. That's a game I wanted badly since it came out and may have talked about but we did not play it. Or anything else that you were not involved in...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clare Cannon
Wales
Trefforest
Mid Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mb
Jake thinks it was called archeology... so it probably didn't even have a volcano in it *shrugs*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franziska
Wales
Cardiff
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah! We played Archaeology - just not last games day, either at the one before that or even before that. We can bring that one along again too, it's very good and quite quick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franziska
Wales
Cardiff
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Roy, we had a grand time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Battiscombe
Wales
Cardiff
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Everyone

Thanks to everyone who was able to come down and make the day so enjoyable.

Special thanks for Fen and Franziska who spent the entire day running demo games for other people!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Battiscombe
Wales
Cardiff
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My next games day will be on the 10th of March. Here's the link:
http://boardgamegeek.com/article/8531256#8531256
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.