Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Badura
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I already asked How to compute maximal price. And now it's time to ask the same about maximal payout per share. What is the formula?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn “Beorn” Rabenstein
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That's easy: shareprice/3, always round down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Badura
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ursus Corvus Lapis wrote:
That's easy: shareprice/3, always round down.

Yes. I noticed that later as well. But I was in a hurry and about to leave and decided to ask sooner hopping (properly) to get an answer at the time I'm back.

Any "history" and rationale about it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn “Beorn” Rabenstein
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
adambadura wrote:
Any "history" and rationale about it?

Nothing too fancy. Obviously, the dividends should be limited to prevent spoiler strategies where a $6 shares suddenly pays $25 dividends or something. Making the max dividend dependent on the share price is also another incentive to have a high share price (which might otherwise be very weak if the only share you have is the unsellable last share...). The "about one third at most" is related to the typical yield of a private company, which is "about on third" too, at least for the synergy-poor ones.

Historically, the limit was 20% of the share price, but at that time, the typical yield of a private was lower, too. So there's indeed a connection...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.