Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr. Frothingslosh
Canada
Caledon
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Short summary - I liked it.

Very cool premise that the inmates of Alcatraz simply vanished one night and that is why the prison really closed.

I hope they can keep it up. Two one hour episodes back-to-back last night, and uh-oh, two inmates who resurfaced. I wonder if every episode will center on a 'returned' prisoner?

Jorge Garcia (Hurley) is back as an Alcatraz fanboy and historian teeming with a ridiculously cute detective.

Has that LOST vibe - lots of unanswered questions!

I'll keep tuning in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Shepherd
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Be on your guard. There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.
mbmbmbmbmb
I liked it. I'm waiting for somebody to say "We have to get back to the island!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Frothingslosh
Canada
Caledon
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KissaTaikuri wrote:

The lead female's wardrobe design was atrocious and showcased her large posterior. Garcia is also bigger than ever.

See, the first part I like .

Garcia is a very large man. It won't be too believable if he is ever involved in physically chasing down the prisoners.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob cavallo
United States
roseland
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i really enjoyed it, and i wasnt a fan of lost.

i just hope that they reveal some new info every week.

if they just string me along, i will tune out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
peloquin17 wrote:
...i just hope that they reveal some new info every week...

I'll save them the trouble....

It's all being run by some guy wearing a paper mache mask of Clint Eastwood.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm on the fence over it but willing to give it a few more tries watching. I'm not sure the detective was cast right. She looks like she could be in the cast from Glee. The plots from the first two episodes seem to be more cheesy Starsky & Hutch than Lost or Fringe. Neat concept but very pedestrian writing.

I found it completely unbelievable that police investigating a sniper triple killing wouldn't think to search a wooded hillside overlooking the crime scene. The explanation that the police thought the weapon had a range of 750 yards and thus wouldn't search that area because it was 500 yards away was silly and only makes sense if we believe that the police dug out the bullets from the victims at the crime scene, identified them on the spot and then decided only to search in area's at the weapon's max range. Then the female detective just happens to find the shell casing on this wooded hillside in 10 seconds made me roll my eyes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Shepherd
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Be on your guard. There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:
I'm on the fence over it but willing to give it a few more tries watching. ...The plots from the first two episodes seem to be more cheesy Starsky & Hutch than Lost or Fringe. Neat concept but very pedestrian writing.

If you're a Fringe man, you'll probably remember that season one was fairly pedestrian as well. It didn't start getting "very good" until about a quarter of the way through the second season.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
Star Trek TNG had a horrible first season. Stargate SG1 took a full year to start becoming good. So yeah I plan to stick with it a bit longer mostly because of the people involved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.