Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Martin
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played our first game of this last night and it is just FANTASTIC! Love, love, love the game. But one question came up which we voted on as it wasn't here. In the rules it doesn't specify whether a player takes their turn if the century ends as they are out of cubes. For example, the architect move can end a century but the player may continue their turn after placing the architect on a new building. Does the player who causes the end of the century by running out of cubes still get a full turn? We voted yes but one player dissented. Thoughts?

Can't wait to get this to the table again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Young
Wales
Wellesley
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
And if you never have, you should. These things are fun and fun is good.
mbmbmbmbmb
From rules:

"A century immediately ends when one of these two conditions
is met:

1. A player does not have any workers in front of him
(active or passive) at the beginning of his turn."

Player doesn't take his/her turn. It ends immediately.

devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Romain Jacques
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will stress at the beginning of his turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Lemay
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
e9martin wrote:
Played our first game of this last night and it is just FANTASTIC! Love, love, love the game. But one question came up which we voted on as it wasn't here. In the rules it doesn't specify whether a player takes their turn if the century ends as they are out of cubes. For example, the architect move can end a century but the player may continue their turn after placing the architect on a new building. Does the player who causes the end of the century by running out of cubes still get a full turn? We voted yes but one player dissented. Thoughts?

Can't wait to get this to the table again!

Very happy you liked it!

The century - so the game - ends immediately at the beginning of the turn of the player who caused the end by running out of cubes. So he does not play an additionnal turn.

Comet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

But he is first player in the next century taking a normal turn after resolution of the zones of power and return of cubes to his supply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Martin
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Dave, you understood my poorly worded question. Yes the player gets a turn AFTER scoring. They don't lose their turn completely. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
e9martin wrote:
Thanks, Dave, you understood my poorly worded question. Yes the player gets a turn AFTER scoring. They don't lose their turn completely. Thanks!

To be fair, the rules do not explicitly state this. I interpreted it as such as the only reasonable interpretation. I assume someone will come by and correct me if I'm mistaken here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philippe Beaudoin
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're absolutely right, Dave.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.