Douglas Carter
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mb
Hi,

All the information I've seen about this expansion so far says that you replace the Genestealer deck with the Tyranid one. Does anyone know if it's possible to simply combine the original deck with this one so you never know if you'll be facing Tyranids or regular Genestealers in each spawning?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hermocrates wrote:
All the information I've seen about this expansion so far says that you replace the Genestealer deck with the Tyranid one. Does anyone know if it's possible to simply combine the original deck with this one so you never know if you'll be facing Tyranids or regular Genestealers in each spawning?

The two decks have different backs (purple for Tyranids), so you'd know a little about what was coming next. The textures are also quite different so unless you sleeved the cards you might find they tended to sort into bunches when you shuffled them.

Other than that, there's nothing to stop you combining the two, and if you found a pure Tyranid deck too difficult, diluting it with a bunch of Genestealers would make things a bit easier.

Around half of the Tyranids are normal ones which behave exactly like normal Genestealers, so you do get the "not knowing what's coming" element anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hermocrates wrote:

The two decks have different backs

you could use one deck for the left blip deck and one deck for the right blip deck.

Or use the new deck to draw from when required to do so from the event deck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Lacson
United States
Alamogordo
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can sleeve both decks with opaque-backed sleeves. Should solve that problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Plourde
Canada
Windsor
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SJack wrote:
Hermocrates wrote:

The two decks have different backs

you could use one deck for the left blip deck and one deck for the right blip deck.

Or use the new deck to draw from when required to do so from the event deck

Not sure it would be fun, because you KNOW one of the deck will never spawn anything special. I think opaque-backed sleeves should get the job done. Personnaly I don't think I will use the standard GS again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
calpurnio pison

rafelbunyol
valencia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the game "the fury of dracula" solves it by drawimg cards of the bottom of the deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.