Popular Tags: [View All]
David Zammiello
United States
Libertyville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Under my interpretation, because the card gives WHITE control of Makhno only for the Action Phase, if Makhno forces are moved out of Makhno's capital by WHITE, and the capital is occupuied with any WHITE unit, this will result in conquest by WHITE during the Logistics Phase.

Is this correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dockter
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.

If there is one thing I would change with ToC these days, it is with how Makhno is modeled. I've kept a file for things that have arisen since the rules finalized at 1.5 five years ago:

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?233@238.cnXbccNc7Z4.68@.1dc...

From that document:

Makhno, and how he is modeled in ToC, has always been a subject of discussion on the ToC Consimworld board. In fact, one ToC fan, Serge Bettencourt even proposed a variant (with cards) which is included in the Comrades Guide.

Proposal 1: Makhno forces become “WHITE” for the Action Phase only.
WHITE may only activate Makhno for combat during the turn of play. At the end of the Action Phase, the forces become RED (possibly necessitating an immediate combat with any stacked WHITE forces).

Proposal 2: Makhno forces become green for the turn of play. At the end of the Action Phase, the forces become RED

----------

Makhno: Makhno was not a republic, but rather an anarchist army that drew support (or elicited it) from the geographic region on the game map. For simplicity purposes, I made Makhno have the characteristics of Republic Factions. The following proposal would more closely model his historic role at the cost of additional rules.

Proposal 3: Makhno may only be conquered if either the Makhno leader is eliminated OR there are no Makhno armies on the game map during the turn an enemy controls the Makhno Victory City. Makhno forces may not be moved outside the Makhno region, Don, Kuban or Ukraine. If forced to do so, they are immediately eliminated.

Additionally, the Comrades Guide provided some interesting variant rules by Serge Bettencourt that you might also have a peak at; in addition to a lengthy article he wrote on Makhno.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.