Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Warhammer: Invasion» Forums » General

Subject: The Morrslieb Cycle, thoughts? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bringing this up again-

I have the core set, all the big box expansions and the first two cycles. I'm either going to grab a Cthulhu LCG cycle OR The Morrslieb Cycle (don't worry, I've asked over there also and will balance the opinions). I like the idea that The Morrslieb Cycle has some focus on developments, but how much so? Is it meh, or definitely get?

Jorune

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I stopped buying after the second pack in this cycle. But those first two packs had some nastysauce in them. And yes, developments were fairly involved in the mechanics of the cards in this set, like Boar Pen: Units in a zone with no developments cannot defend, and also the "When something happens put a resource marker on this card and then do X amount of something where X is the number of resources on the card".

ALSO: Plague Bomb!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elijah Snow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Morrslieb is a very good cycle over all. Lots of useful cards for all factions, good neutrals too. Together with the Legends expansion it turned Chaos from a weak into an extremely competitive faction and overall brought more balance to the game. The focus on developments is there, yes. Before Morrslieb, developments were an aspect of the game you practically could ignore, and now you can hardly do that anymore. You're still not forced to use them now though - if your opponent doesn't use cards that you need to defend against with developments, you can still do fine without cards that benefit from developments yourself.

I can't compare to CoC, but as a dedicated Invasion player I rate the Morrslieb and Enemy cycles much higher than the Corruption and Capital cycles (so far).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Argo
United States
Durant
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Windopaene wrote:
ALSO: Plague Bomb!

Yes, Plague Bomb and Sorcerer of Tzeentch, both from Morrslieb, did a lot to empower Chaos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.