Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Never know what's next.
mbmbmbmbmb
That's right! Legend of the Five Rings is FREE to print and play through the end of March 2012. With Emperor Edition on our doorstep, we wanted to give L5R fans and new players curious about the game a way to get started at no cost to them! With the PDF flyer available here:

http://www.l5r.com/news/free-kolat-edition-print-and-play-de...

You can learn all about Legend of the Five Rings, and find links to the rulebook, and NINE fully playable printable decks, one for each Clan. And these are not cheap beginner decks, these have rares and were designed to hold their own at tournaments!

You can use them to play with friends, play in official tournaments (they are acceptable through March) and affect the storyline, or use to add to your War of Honor games. Not only are these decks available, you can download and print the ENTIRE Emperor Edition base set at http://www.l5r.com/news/kolat-edition-pdf-available/ if you want to tweak the contents of your deck as you become better at the game!

A few notes for the new players:
- "Kolat Edition" is our name for the free version of Emperor Edition, as you learn more about the story, you know why the dastardly Kolat are giving away our product for free…
- You will need two sets of opaque sleeves and some playing cards to "back" these printouts with, to give them some weight when playing. L5R uses two decks, a Dynasty and a Fate, with different backs.

Please do pass this PDF on to anyone who might be interested!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wanted to ask - is the Imperial Gift II (downloadable from AEG pages) fully compatible with the KOLAT edition?

I would say yes (them being not even two years apart), but would like to know from an expert

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rowland
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Never know what's next.
mbmbmbmbmb
Compatible, yes - and probably a lot of fun. Will they be legal for Emperor Edition (the true name of Kolat Edition) you'd have the check the full Emperor set list. I don't recall off-hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einar Þór
msg tools
Does anyone now, over a year later, have these decklists?

Interested parties (mostly me) want to know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
apellon lol
msg tools
i m interested in L5r cause it seems more deep and less luck based that most card games also i heard u can play it with 4 players sometime ??? ... but my MTG friends tells me its not playable since there is not enough players around montreal …. i m a little concerned cause i do want to play with friends casual games but also with new people eventually …. its my ''first Card game" so i m still considering MTG , game of thrones , and all … is there a way to pass that ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.