Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Stimpson
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Situation: My opponent is moving towards a space in which I have a stockade, a leader and troops. I successfully intercept from an adjacent space. In other games I've played (notably Unhappy King Charles) the interception is considered to happen before the moving force reaches the space (it is interception, after all...) If that's the case in WW:

1. the troops in the stockade space would not be counted.
2. My opponent would not suffer a -1 drm for the stockade.
3. My leader in the space would not be in the battle and would not roll for leader death should that event occur.

Anyone have a reading on this? Has my opponent reached the space and the vicinity of the stockade before he's intercepted?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel K
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your intercepting force gets there ahead of the attackers. All your units and leaders in a stockade space--those there originally plus whoever was in the intercepting force--must participate in the battle and your opponent gets the -1 DRM (see 8.1 on page 12).

Only when battles take place outside forts/fortresses do you get the option to say who is inside/outside the fortifications.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cstimpson wrote:
Situation: My opponent is moving towards a space in which I have a stockade, a leader and troops. I successfully intercept from an adjacent space. In other games I've played (notably Unhappy King Charles) the interception is considered to happen before the moving force reaches the space (it is interception, after all...) If that's the case in WW:

1. the troops in the stockade space would not be counted.
2. My opponent would not suffer a -1 drm for the stockade.
3. My leader in the space would not be in the battle and would not roll for leader death should that event occur.

Anyone have a reading on this? Has my opponent reached the space and the vicinity of the stockade before he's intercepted?

I am not sure what is going on.

Space A
|
Stockade Space

In Wilderness War the attacker moves into a space, then the defender can attempt intercept.

So if you intercept into Space A then no stockade.

If you intercept into the stockade space, then yes you get the stockade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy C
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Robert L Howard (Medal of Honor recipient)
mbmbmbmbmb

In WW and in most card driven games, the intercepting force arrives into the space before the moving force arrives.

All defenders combine for the defense.

Intercepting in Unhappy King Charles is very difference from most games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Joel K said it but to expand a bit:

The troops inside the stockade must join the intercepting army when doing battle and they all get the stockade bonus as usual. The leaders will be part of the Army (you chose the highest command rating for this) and are eligible to be killed.

Generally, you treat a stockade space as a normal space except for the bonus it gives. Also remember during battle armies are NOT defined so all units and leaders count.

6.711 If units Intercept into a space where their side has an unoccupied
stockade, the stockade is not captured but remains in place
and benefits them in the ensuing Battle [an exception to 6.51].

• ~ If successful, place the Intercepting force or unit into the
space with the Intercepted enemy—who must immediately
attack in a Battle (i.e., the activated, moving unit or force
will be the attacker, the Intercepting unit or force will be the
defender.) All defenders not inside a fort or fortress must
participate [7.1].

The underlined bit suggests that the defending force, although not activated, still joins the intercepting army.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy C
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Robert L Howard (Medal of Honor recipient)
mbmbmbmbmb

To clarify, the leader with the highest command rating (not battle rating) must command. You can only choose if a tie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.