Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
G. Harding Warren
United States
Arnold
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Joey. I have been playing SIV's McDowell and Port Republic a lot and wanted to move on. Kernstown will be the next one I play.

I love how SIV gives the player lots of room to roam. At first, it feels freeing, but you find that all those options over all that space are actually unnerving, even frightening. I was trying to explain this to some fellow GCACW players who have only played the usual tournament scenarios from GTC, OTR and BATC. Those are very fun (particularly if you like bloodbaths), but it's these freewheeling scenarios where the Basic Game shines.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Sessions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. Harding Warren
United States
Arnold
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoah. I have played 2 sessions of Kernstown now. What a beautiful scenario. Like you said, it's quite a cat and mouse game, with opportunities for Jackson's tiny force to sometimes play the cat. I am totally hooked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
armonia salvatore
France
flag msg tools
hello

the victory's conditions of this scenarios are bizzare.
i explain

the union player not need go in the south and fight Jackson's units to win.

union player can withdraw unit if occupying certains hexes from turn 1 to 6 and gain 3 pts for each manpower.
the total manpower is 60x3= 180 PV union marginal victory

why he would take risks to search combats with the confederate ?
confederate player have only 9 poor manpower to prevent it.

i think is not balance.

my proposition: the union player can withdraw unit only if he take winchester like historically.

what do you thinks ?
thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon G
United States
Bossier City
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
totobadluck wrote:
hello

the victory's conditions of this scenarios are bizzare.
i explain

the union player not need go in the south and fight Jackson's units to win.

union player can withdraw unit if occupying certains hexes from turn 1 to 6 and gain 3 pts for each manpower.
the total manpower is 60x3= 180 PV union marginal victory

why he would take risks to search combats with the confederate ?
confederate player have only 9 poor manpower to prevent it.

i think is not balance.

my proposition: the union player can withdraw unit only if he take winchester like historically.

what do you thinks ?
thanks

I agree, this scenario sucked. I was Jackson and the Union player made no attempt to go for any victory hexes or engage Jackson. His entire objective: avoid battle and exit the map, which he did.

So after zero combat, zero victory hexes captured, the Union player won the game??? Dumb shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.