Michael Garton
United States
Suffolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it was bound to happen. We have lost our Century 100 status and didn't even make the vote as one of the 25 alternate trial events.

We are now relegated to hope for an event not to be run for us to get back in as a Trial Event.

My question, has SCCRCG run its course as an event at the WBC, or should we press on to gain trial status and push for participants to again make the cut as a Century 100 tourney.

With that should we change from the heat style, move our event time(s), or anything else that would make you more apt to enter the tourney.

We have been slowly losing participants every year, but always gain a few new players that become very enthusiatic about the game.

Let me know you thoughts so I can make an informed decision about whether to press on or not.

Thanks,

mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Halfway between Castro and Mickey Mouse
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the status of the new edition of the game? I think you would definitely want to push the game at the WBC if the new edition is anywhere close to being ready.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll really miss it if you cannot continue. It was always a fun way to finish out my few days at WBC ! I personally liked the timing of the final, and it always seemed like there were plenty of heats that it wasn't too much trouble to qualify for the final.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Weber
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I think, at least for this past year, it was a function of other events having a jump in attendance such that it did not make the cut of the 25 most popular events in terms of the number of players, and the other criteria used (player-hours) were not sufficient to stay in the top 100 events overall, given the large array of games with a longer playing time. As far as the membership vote, I think it's unfortunate, but it probably reflects the fact that the fans of the game are not the kind of people willing to sign up for the Con eight months in advance.

I would definitely be in favor of pressing forward, particularly if it could be a vehicle (pardon the pun) for promoting a new edition of the game. I think if you approached Don Greenwood he would be able to find a sponsor to maintain the event, providing it doesn't get in as an alternate trial.

I agree with the above poster that scheduling wasn't an issue. There were almost always three heats at different times, and even with all the other events, I was almost always able to play in at least one or two of them, with a good opportunity to qualify for the finals. Having the big cars there always made it an attractive event for spectators as well, and I think it would really be missed if the event did not continue at WBC in 2012.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Fat Tony
United States
Fairfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Something changed between this post and the WBC as SCCRCG was a Century event and is slated again for 2013 pending a GM committment
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Garton
United States
Suffolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For 2012 we weren't a Century 100, but moved back in the ranks for 2013. Pretty sure I've got all my paperwork in to be GM. Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.