Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
Yin
badge
Yang
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this has been covered.

This question will also be a bit vague as I forgot to write down which cards this affected...

One of the monsters we came up against in our first session advised we need to destroy a village card that had the highest gold value? (It was maybe called a "flame ______"??)

My understanding was that a village card would have to have the icon of the little house on the side. So, presumably not the base cards, like dagger, etc...

I would also assume that "gold value" means the gold coin icon? Not the cost? So cards without a gold value would be exempt?

Assuming I am correct in all of the above assumptions, I also noticed that one of my "village cards" had no house icon on it... It had no icon at all. Again, I'm sorry I don't remember off hand which one. But is this a typo on the card? I'm assuming every card should have a "type", no?

Any insight would be appreciated. If you guys need more specifics I can probably provide them later today.

Thanks,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?"
badge
"Wuhhh... I think so, Brain, but if a ham can operate a radio, why can't a pig set a VCR?"
mbmbmbmbmb
Holmes108 wrote:
Sorry if this has been covered.

This question will also be a bit vague as I forgot to write down which cards this affected...

One of the monsters we came up against in our first session advised we need to destroy a village card that had the highest gold value? (It was maybe called a "flame ______"??)

My understanding was that a village card would have to have the icon of the little house on the side. So, presumably not the base cards, like dagger, etc...

I would also assume that "gold value" means the gold coin icon? Not the cost? So cards without a gold value would be exempt?

Assuming I am correct in all of the above assumptions, I also noticed that one of my "village cards" had no house icon on it... It had no icon at all. Again, I'm sorry I don't remember off hand which one. But is this a typo on the card? I'm assuming every card should have a "type", no?

Any insight would be appreciated. If you guys need more specifics I can probably provide them later today.

Thanks,

I will refer you to this thread:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/716653/to-anyone-with-remain...

Additionally, you are correct. If it has no coin icon, it has no gold value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leber
Canada
Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
Yin
badge
Yang
mbmbmbmbmb
slaqr wrote:

Perfect, that seems pretty clear.

The only unresolved issue is that one card that I mentioned had no icon. I suspect it might be an oversight? I should double check my box when I get a chance, to see which card it was, and make sure I wasn't seeing things.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
"Wuhhh... I think so, Brain, but if a ham can operate a radio, why can't a pig set a VCR?"
mbmbmbmbmb
Holmes108 wrote:
slaqr wrote:

Perfect, that seems pretty clear.

The only unresolved issue is that one card that I mentioned had no icon. I suspect it might be an oversight? I should double check my box when I get a chance, to see which card it was, and make sure I wasn't seeing things.

Thanks!

Yes, you should!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leber
Canada
Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
Yin
badge
Yang
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually was just able to check. My "Burnt Offering" cards are all missing an icon there. I'm sure it's expected to be considered a village card though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed it is....I hadn't heard of it missing the icon before...how odd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leber
Canada
Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
Yin
badge
Yang
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we could have figured out the whole "village card" problem ourselves that day, looking through the rules, etc. It was that icon that threw a bit of a wrench in the works and made us doubt ourselves... lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.