Recommend
8 
 Thumb up
 Hide
30 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » The Village Square

Subject: Hey everyone. :) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mister Fix
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Hey guys,

I'm new to playing WW online, so please be kind. I've played Werewolf IRL before, but since I can't find anyone to play with in person, it's time to take it virtual.

I wanted to introduce myself, and hopefully I'll get the hang of things quickly, but if I don't, please take my newb-ness with a grain of salt.

Mister Fix
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Archidamia
United States
Hazel Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterFix wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm new to playing WW online, so please be kind. I've played Werewolf IRL before, but since I can't find anyone to play with in person, it's time to take it virtual.

I wanted to introduce myself, and hopefully I'll get the hang of things quickly, but if I don't, please take my newb-ness with a grain of salt.

Mister Fix


Welcome! I've never played WW IRL before but I do love doing it on this forum. I've found people here very helpful and supportive of new players so let us know if you have any questions about anything. Hope to play in a game with you soon!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome! Do you "know" anyone on the forum? If not how did you venture in?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Fix
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
dbmurph22 wrote:
Welcome! Do you "know" anyone on the forum? If not how did you venture in?


I know nobody!

I just did a google search to see if I could find a way to play Werewolf online while I'm at work... And... TADA!
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Fix
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
miraria wrote:

Welcome! I've never played WW IRL before but I do love doing it on this forum. I've found people here very helpful and supportive of new players so let us know if you have any questions about anything. Hope to play in a game with you soon!


Thanks, Miraria. I look forward to playing! I've only played the "basic" werewolf game IRL (and it's TOTALLY a blast), so this'll be interesting... There aren't a lot of "basic" games running, so I guess I'll be jumping in feet-first.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent and welcome!

This may be beneficial: The Guide To Playing Werewolf On BoardGameGeek
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. Glad you're here.

I would check this thread out:
The Guide To Playing Werewolf On BoardGameGeek

Maybe read over some of the games going on the front page now. Don't be afraid to post anything at all or ask questions. We're quite nice. Mostly.

One reason I asked if you knew anyone is that we have a player on here with the username "kristiefix". I guess you both just go way back to the same Werewolf, but no immediate relation.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Excellent and welcome!

This may be beneficial: The Guide To Playing Werewolf On BoardGameGeek


Thanks for stealing my mojo.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterFix wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm new to playing WW online, so please be kind. I've played Werewolf IRL before, but since I can't find anyone to play with in person, it's time to take it virtual.

I wanted to introduce myself, and hopefully I'll get the hang of things quickly, but if I don't, please take my newb-ness with a grain of salt.

Mister Fix

You've stumbled upon an amazing community of WWers. Find a game in sign-up that has lynch times that work for you, and join!

Make sure you read the rules of the particular game first though... there are a lot of very non-standard WW games run on these forums.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh Captain! My Captain!
Denmark
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
MisterFix wrote:
dbmurph22 wrote:
Welcome! Do you "know" anyone on the forum? If not how did you venture in?


I know nobody!

I just did a google search to see if I could find a way to play Werewolf online while I'm at work... And... TADA!

That's the best way to do it! And welcome.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Real Smeagol
Greece
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterFix wrote:
dbmurph22 wrote:
Welcome! Do you "know" anyone on the forum? If not how did you venture in?


I know nobody!

I just did a google search to see if I could find a way to play Werewolf online while I'm at work... And... TADA!


Well then we can relate on how we found this forum. Welcome ! This is a really wonderful and friendly community, enjoy
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
I have become my own island state. A ravaged, war-torn land where nothing grows and the horizons are bleak.
Avatar
mb
Okay, who's going to mod the Welcome MisterFix Perfect 11 game?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Fix
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Heheh. I'm excited. Whenever I played before, 99% of the time I was the mod, which was cool by me. So...

I have to be here for the lynch time, I guess? Or... ?

Sorry, I'm still trying to see exactly how this is going to work.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Fix
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
And BOY, I feel welcome. This is gonna kick serious ass.

I presume that I may also play more than one game at a time?

As for my name... Let's just say I'm a handyman.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterFix wrote:
I have to be here for the lynch time, I guess?

You may want to be, but that's up to you, it's not required at all. Dusk will be at a set time each day. As long as you vote each day and post a few times during the day, you should be fine.

If you have a night action, you will need to get your night orders in before Dawn, but you could do that at any time as well, and if the mod allows, they could be conditional.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterFix wrote:
I presume that I may also play more than one game at a time?

Sure. But I would caution you to try one game singly first before attempting more than one simultaneously.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterFix wrote:
I presume that I may also play more than one game at a time?


You certainly can. I would recommend starting with one and going from there, however. You'd be surprised how much time these games can sometimes take up.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Original Thumb #50
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmb
Welcome. This is a fun place to be.

If you don't want to wait for a game to start, you could also jump in as a replacement player. That's how I got my start.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Fix
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
jmilum wrote:

You may want to be, but that's up to you, it's not required at all. Dusk will be at a set time each day. As long as you vote each day and post a few times during the day, you should be fine.

If you have a night action, you will need to get your night orders in before Dawn, but you could do that at any time as well, and if the mod allows, they could be conditional.


Perfect, that clarifies a lot. I'm signed up in Cassy as well, and there aren't any noob games, but I've signed up for a couple of "low" complexity games. I'm thinking that I wanna join the quantum one as well, since I *love* quantum physics, particle physics, cosmology, etc... But maybe I'll wait on that until I've seen how everything works.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
I have become my own island state. A ravaged, war-torn land where nothing grows and the horizons are bleak.
Avatar
mb
New game in sign-up here:

Fresh Meat IX: Welcome MisterFix

If you have any questions before the game starts, you can ask in thread. After the game starts, you will have a private chat with the mod (me).
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Fix
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
BlackSheep wrote:
MisterFix wrote:
I presume that I may also play more than one game at a time?


You certainly can. I would recommend starting with one and going from there, however. You'd be surprised how much time these games can sometimes take up.


Haha, will do.

ohgrande wrote:
Welcome. This is a fun place to be.

If you don't want to wait for a game to start, you could also jump in as a replacement player. That's how I got my start.


Good to know!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh Captain! My Captain!
Denmark
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
MisterFix wrote:
Heheh. I'm excited. Whenever I played before, 99% of the time I was the mod, which was cool by me. So...

I have to be here for the lynch time, I guess? Or... ?

Sorry, I'm still trying to see exactly how this is going to work.

MisterFix wrote:
And BOY, I feel welcome. This is gonna kick serious ass.

I presume that I may also play more than one game at a time?

As for my name... Let's just say I'm a handyman.

You appear way happy. Don't worry, that's just a temporare sideeffect. We'll get to that.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gelatinous Goo wrote:
Okay, who's going to mod the Welcome MisterFix Perfect 11 game?


MisterFix has successfully found himself a P11 game already.

Good luck!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gelatinous Goo wrote:
New game in sign-up here:


That works too.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget to check into other things we do: WW Chitchat and the weekly podcast are not in Cassie, so they may be missed by newer players. Feel free to join in the conversations!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.