Stone Age» Forums » Rules

Subject: Quick question about turns from my first game..... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
bob riddle
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
I know that when it comes to meeple placement the turns go clockwise. However, I need clarification on the action sequences. Do they go clockwise also or does everyone resolve all of their meeples' actions one at a time? For example one person completes all of its meeples' actions then once all of their meeples are back on their gameboard the next clockwise person goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.R. Shoenberger
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
bobbyriddle wrote:
I know that when it comes to meeple placement the turns go clockwise. However, I need clarification on the action sequences. Do they go clockwise also or does everyone resolve all of their meeples' actions one at a time? For example one person completes all of its meeples' actions then once all of their meeples are back on their gameboard the next clockwise person goes.

Yes, everyone completes their actions before the next person (in clockwise order) takes all of their actions. The actions, though, can be done in any order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus Pendleton
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What do the rules say? Section 2 describes how to take actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Halasz
Hungary
Szada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone does all his meeple actions in any order he prefers. Then next clockwise person does the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DC
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I can see how this is confusing, because there are two different ways of handling the meeples, at different times:

1. When placing meeples, you place only one meeple (or one group of meeples on a resource spot) at a time, then pass to the next player. It will come back around to you, when you may place another meeple (or group), etc.

2. When resolving meeples, you activate all of your meeples at once, then the next player, etc.

Keeping those two straight will help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bob riddle
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Nice thanks for the quick response folks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.