1 Posts

Thunderstone: Dragonspire» Forums » Variants

Subject: End game variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ek
Canada
flag msg tools
Looking at the Thunderstone Advance and bearers, and considering how the ending just begs to prolong the game when the thunderstone appears till someone gets impatient and just beats the rank 1 monster, letting the other player take it... I figured why not implement something similar here as well for those who are waiting the release of TS Advance, or for those who will not be getting it.

The dungeon deck is prepared in the usual way, but you set one monster aside (or Guardian.) It will be put into play when the thunderstone appears, it'll be put on top of the thunderstone. Naturally it would be one of the strongest monsters, with an additional effect to make it even stronger than the rest. I am thinking of light -3 (or something similar.) Failure to defeat it would not send it back to the deck, but the player that lost the fight must place a disease card on top of their drawing deck. That should diversify a bit and make them fight someone else or go to the village instead of pounding the main monster nonstop till someone wins.

I always found the current end game to be kind of anti-climatic and their TS Advance idea for end game is perfect. I think this will make the ending a bit more interesting,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.