Popular Tags: [View All]
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When a hero's strength is reduced to 0, it isn't destroyed? Maybe this was implemented later in the series, and will show up later in the facebook version. I use it as an easy way to kill off militia without resting, and was sad to see it didn't work on the facebook version.

Another thing that isn't a huge deal, but is sort of annoying the first time you do it in the wrong order, is that you must activate the barkeep's ability BEFORE purchasing a card. Otherwise the game automatically moves on to upgrading heroes. I had 11 gold in my hand and was mistaken in thinking I could buy a hero, activate the barkeep ability, and then buy a feast. It was especially frustrating because by the time it got back to me, the last feast had been taken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven riola

joliet
Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Facebook version? What am I missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Groff-Folsom
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Skylar114 wrote:
Another thing that isn't a huge deal, but is sort of annoying the first time you do it in the wrong order, is that you must activate the barkeep's ability BEFORE purchasing a card. Otherwise the game automatically moves on to upgrading heroes. I had 11 gold in my hand and was mistaken in thinking I could buy a hero, activate the barkeep ability, and then buy a feast. It was especially frustrating because by the time it got back to me, the last feast had been taken.

Whether your friends let you or not in the physical game, the Facebook game has an undo button (loopy arrow in the bottom left). I've used it to go to the village when I went to the dungeon in error. I have not used it after a buy, but it seems like it would work in the situation you describe. It does not work after your turn ends, though, so as long as you get that XP prompt you should be okay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven riola

joliet
Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've started 3 games in Campaign mode and half way through them, all 3 have said 'game no longer exists' and I have to start over. If this continues, I doesn't make sense to play on there.
All i want to do is finish a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Koene
United States
New Holstein
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Make sure your browser cache is not being emptied when you exit from whatever internet browser you are using. I believe that game data is saved locally on your PC.

For Firefox you can adjust your temp internet storage by clicking tools>options>Advanced>network. I use the Automatic override and have it set to 1024MB.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cappello
United States
Pasadena
MD
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Remember, Thunderstone for Facebook is currently in Open Beta, meaning there are still a good bit of bugs to be found. If you find bugs, please make sure to post them in the feedback for the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i got that game no longer exsists i thought i was on a time/turn limit ..i'll check that ram internet option thing and report back..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a post in another thread that they know something's flaking out, basically it comes down to they didn't / couldn't do stress testing, and we are apparently now stressing the servers out so much they can't handle it. There's nothing wrong with your system if you're getting the 'game no longer exists.'

My testing with undo (back when the game worked) is that you cannot UNDO if you draw a card or actually hit the "Attack" button in the dungeon. You can undo from dungeon back to village if you don't draw any cards (e.g. by destroying a disease with a cleric). I think (but am not sure) that you cannot UNDO once you BUY a card in the village either, and obviously you can't UNDO if you DESTROY a card during rest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
InfoCynic wrote:
My testing with undo (back when the game worked) is that you cannot UNDO if you draw a card or actually hit the "Attack" button in the dungeon. You can undo from dungeon back to village if you don't draw any cards (e.g. by destroying a disease with a cleric). I think (but am not sure) that you cannot UNDO once you BUY a card in the village either, and obviously you can't UNDO if you DESTROY a card during rest.

You can definitely undo a purchase; I've done this in the past. The issue is just that if you have nothing left you can do on that turn (i.e. you have no heroes available to level up), then the turn immediately ends without giving you the opportunity to undo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chairman Moo
United States
California
flag msg tools
Peristarkawan wrote:
InfoCynic wrote:

You can definitely undo a purchase; I've done this in the past. The issue is just that if you have nothing left you can do on that turn (i.e. you have no heroes available to level up), then the turn immediately ends without giving you the opportunity to undo.

We have pushed out a fix for the slow response and "This game no longer exist" bug. We did some testing and it does seem much more responsive. We will continue to monitor the health of the server.
Thank you all for your patience while we looked into this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Tess
France
ESVRES
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice work on facebook, the app is great & addictive.
Grats ZABU
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris reichl

Appleton
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxtess wrote:
Nice work on facebook, the app is great & addictive.
Grats ZABU

I was happy to see it finally up on facebook, and it's a lot of fun. I might have to actually get the game itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.