Subject: De Drie Handelssteden van Noord Nederland rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jörg Baumgartner
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a person who doesn't speak any Dutch, I am a bit confused about the rules text printed on the game plan.

My main problem is about the two numbers printed only on one side of each of the city hexes. Do these apply to a settlement on one of the adjacent corners, or do they apply to any settlement (or city) on this hex?

If the production numbers apply to all corners of the hex, what special function do these corners have - 3:1 trade market?

I guess that number tiles get assigned to the hex fields more or less randomly before the game, except for the pre-defined hex fields.

Here's a readable photo of the rules text:

http://www.catawiki.de/catalog/brett-spiele/allgemeine-spiel...

and this is what I thought it said:

The Settlers of Catan: "The Three Trade Towns of Northern Netherlands" is a game by Klaus Teuber, published in the Netherlands by 999 Games. Print run 500 copies, produced for Spellanzo for Noorderspel09.

Graphic Design: Rosa van der Kamp.
Copyright 2009. This map must not be reproduced.

Special rules "The Three Trade Towns of Northern Netherlands"

1. The first two turns the robber is not moved and a die roll of 7 is re-rolled.
2. Each player may have a maximum of two roads on the edges of the same Trade Town.
3. If a player has placed settlements (or cities) on two 3:1 exchange markets, he may exchange any combination of three resource cards for a resource card of his choice (instead of being able to exchange only three resource cards of the same sort for a resource card of his choice).
4. The resource field in a Trade Town is special - it has two numbers. If a player has a village at this Trade Town and one of these two numbers is rolled, he may take a resource card of his choice.
5. A player may not start with a village on a Trade Town hex.

Since the beginning of the Iron Age iron ore was harvested from the bogs of the northern Netherlands. The ore was formed from aggregated plant rests in the bog. The ore had a lower quality and was primarily used to produce simple utilities. In 1938, the town of Delfzijl transported - probably for the last time - 56,563 metric tons of ore. Nowadays no ore is found any more in the bog areas. In this map for Settlers of Catan the mountain hexes have been replaced by bog hexes instead.

In this scenario "The Three Trade Towns of Northern Netherlands" the cities of Groningen, Assen and Leeuwarden play an important role. They stand symbolically for the cities in this region. Although there were more trade towns in the area of Frisia that played an important role, we limited this scenario to these three cities.

The two extra ports are located at Delfzijl and Stavoren. Stavoren is known to have been an important port town and Delfzijl has operated as a trading place since the Iron Age.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jorganos wrote:
As a person who doesn't speak any Dutch, I am a bit confused about the rules text printed on the game plan.

My main problem is about the two numbers printed only on one side of each of the city hexes. Do these apply to a settlement on one of the adjacent corners, or do they apply to any settlement (or city) on this hex?

If the production numbers apply to all corners of the hex, what special function do these corners have - 3:1 trade market?

I guess that number tiles get assigned to the hex fields more or less randomly before the game, except for the pre-defined hex fields.

Hmm, your translation is correct, so it seems to me that you do need to build on one of those two spots to get the number advantage.

The game does have its own entry on BGG, so maybe an owner could tell you more? De Kolonisten van Catan: De drie Handelsteden van Noord-Nederland

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on the image, I'd say:

2 corners for a number advantage.
2 corners for a 3:1 trade
2 corners for a goods specific 2:1 trade

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jörg Baumgartner
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for checking the translation.

I note that the two pictures with Viking wood edition pieces do not represent an actual rules-conforming game (counting the roads adjacent to city hexes) which tells me I don't have to wonder any longer about those ship lines into nowhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, yes. They're not shiplines. They seem to be the borders of the neighboring provinces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.